CHAPTER ONE

A/N

Welcome, my readers! Glad you made it here :D This is the first chapter of Fatally Deceiving. Excuse the rushing because I like to end chapters with cliffhangers and if I don't, I don't know how to end it most of the time. If I reveal "the moment" in a part without finishing the chapter there, I write on and on until I had to find somewhere to end — which is actually hard.

Enjoy!

FATALLY DESPICABLE

CHAPTER ONE

2 YEARS LATER

For 2 whole years we lived in peace and happiness. Trunks and I are getting closer as best friends but it feels like there's an invisible force between us that only I'm aware of. I don't let it bother me much. It takes too much of my attention sometimes.

Gatar teaches me more techniques, every one of them tough to master but with Trunks's help as well, I managed. Gatar once complained that it's boring. He meant the peace we had been fighting for. He said we're meant to fight and there's no battle, nobody different we can spar with. The world has only started rebuilding and the areas around us are still deserted. I have to admit, it would be much more fun and exciting if people like Goku, Gohan, Kuririn, Vegeta, and the others still exist here. We wouldn't be so alone but Trunks and Bulma don't seem to mind too much.

I don't get flashbacks anymore in my sleep. It stopped altogether after the replay of the heartless, unidentified woman who annihilated my home planet. I can't say I'm sad, some of them really make me feel like crying but some of them are forgotten...and for what reason I don't know.

I suggest the idea of visiting our friends again and he seems to like the idea as well. The 2 years felt like 10. I couldn't help but feel lonely and disconnected in a way with Bulma and Trunks. Trunks has someone left to him and I envy him for that but I try not to show it. Bulma has been a mother to the both of us and that's all I probably need.

I slept peacefully the night before we left, with a thought in mind that we'll be seeing our friends again in the afternoon tomorrow. Now it's morning and we're scarfing down our breakfast like there's no tomorrow-as it always has been.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go," I hurry Trunks as he gobbles down his rice. "Finish it already."

He finally does and we go outside to see Bulma standing in front of the Time Machine, her gloved hands stained with oil and grime.

"Are you guys ready?" She asks us, smiling. "I just did some fixing up to see if the Time Machine is working alright. It's in perfect condition."

"Thanks, Bulma-san!"

We sit down in the Time Machine and the head closes over us. We wave at Bulma good-bye excitedly as the Time Machine rumbles to life.

"We won't take long!" Trunks shouts.

"We'll be back in the evening!"