CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

Aster's P.O.V

Gatar grabs hunks of hair from the ground, blinking at me. "Are you sure you want it that short?"

"Yeah," I say and place the mirror down.

Most of my long hair is shaved off right away and I'm quite satisfied with the bob that hung around my ears. I couldn't stop staring at my reflection. It's like staring at a person you met once and never saw again. I didn't change much. My cheeks are still pudgy and pale. My shoulders are broad and my physique is now sturdy and sinewy enough to my liking. The haircut only made me look less feminine.

I feel tingly all over. I can feel the vibrations from head to toe, traveling from every strand of hair to every fingertip. It's a pleasant sensation because I know this is my rightful body and I can stay in here until I die for real.

"I don't want it to get in the way of training." I smile at Gatar. "I'm happy I get to live in my body again."

"I am happy for you too, Aster-san." Gatar squeezes my shoulder and smiles back.

"Where's Hosta-san? I want to thank him properly." I say, standing up.

"He is talking with Goku and Vegeta about the training quarters and how they will be able to grab the right machinery to build it."

I frown. "It's on Ronak, isn't it?"

Gatar nods. "Grevillea must be back by now. It is far too dangerous."

I sigh. "We really have no choice."

"We should join the discussion. Come on." Gatar says and takes my arm.

"Wait, Gatar..." I say, stopping him. "I never got to thank you properly either."

Gatar looks a little embarrassed. He clears his throat. "There is no need to thank me, Aster-san. It is my job to serve you."

"No!" I say and shake his shoulders. "You've done so much more than what you promised my parents! So much more. You deserve more than follow me around and try to save my skin all the t — ah! Wait, I'm not finished yet, don't interrupt me. I'm just saying, Gatar...you're more than a friend, a companion, or a protector...maybe all of them combined but you know what I mean. Right?"

"Um—"

"So I just want to say, thank you," I smile, feeling a little teary. "I wish I can repay you and—and if you ever need me to do a favor—"

"Aster-san," He says gently. "You have repaid me more than enough by being here with me."

It's not the same as what's he done for me. Gatar doesn't need me to do anything because he knows everything; he knows how to do everything himself. A million "thank you"s will never be enough.

"B-But—"

"Stop rambling, Aster-san," Gatar says and tugs me out of the room. "You need to eat."