CHAPTER EIGHT

A/N

Sorry, this is extremely short. But hey, I updated...early?

CHAPTER EIGHT

<><>Third Person's P.O.V<><>

Gatar looks down at his bare hands, clenching them, letting the feel of them sink into him. It has been so long since he had controlled his own body and it feels...good. For the next few minutes, he continues to adjust to the form, flexing and stretching until he's accommodated himself.

Then he snaps back to the predicament they've tripped into and crouches down before the hovering, glowing ball, the residue of Aster's spirit. Still ignoring the astounded and dumfounded stares he's getting, he whispers,

"Aster-san," He whispers to it. "I am so sorry."

Of course, there was no reply. He straightens up and finally acknowledges Vegeta and Goku, who are still stupefied from what just happened.

I must be truthful.

"Greetings," He says to Vegeta and Goku. "I am Gatar."

The silence thickens. With one sweeping scrutinize, Vegeta utters the words with a voice void of any emotion except pure, icy hostility, "I don't buy it."

"This spirit," He gestures to the side. "is Aster-san, your comrade and my superior. She and I have been sharing one body ever since we met Trunks in our timeline."

"She?" Goku asks, cocking his head slightly to the right.

Gatar nods. "She is the last survivor of the Norvasain royal family. I sincerely apologize for keeping a lot of things a secret but it was hard for us to easily become close to anybody we run into. I believed the case should be kept surreptitious, of course, until the body suffered a serious malfunction from being pressured into perpetuating an extra spirit. It was natural and to be expected but we were in such a quandary."

"I still don't buy it," Vegeta growls and steps forward. He gives Gatar's chest a jab. "Stop fooling around, boy, snap out of it."

"I think he's telling the truth, Vegeta," Goku says. He frowns. "So let me get this straight—this spirit thing here is...Aster and...she's a girl and you're a...guy, right?"

"Correct."

"Hmm, this sure is confusing," Goku sighs. "But I think I got it."

Gatar's taken back. "Wh-What—?"

"I don't trust you," Vegeta spits. "I didn't even trust you when I first laid my eyes on you. I was right about you."

"The feeling is mutual." Gatar replies coldly.

"Guys," Goku says, looking sternly between Gatar and Vegeta. "We can't waste our time on trust right now—what about Aster? What will happen to her?"