CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Vegeta probably thinks lesser of me now. I mean, I can't even believe myself. It's been a day since Goku joined us in the spaceship and I haven't done a bit of training. I just lingered around like a wraith, nibbling at some food, and then spent most of the time on my futon while Goku, Gohan, sometimes Piccolo, and Vegeta turn up the gravity in the main room and push themselves over their limits.

The fire in me is gone as if somebody had blown it out and my legs give up whenever I move too much. My head seems to be permanently inflicted with aching, burning pain like it's going to crack open. Vegeta assumes I'm making excuses and Goku and Gohan seem a bit concerned but I shut them out because all I want is to be alone.

The worst pain of all is the sensation of my muscles tightening and my mind being yanked part. That's when I actually feared having my head crack open. Something powerful is violently tugging on my skull and every second that passed during the agony, I feel less somatic. Whenever the sudden attacks of physical and mental torment ends, I'm left winded, wrenching my hair, and perplexed.

I keep on trying to speak to Gatar but he's not responding. He's not ignoring me, I hope. I figured he must know what's going on.

Training becomes more unappealing but I know I can't get stronger by lying down. I shuffle toward the door and lean against it slightly. Already, my knees are wobbling.

Goku and Vegeta are on the floor, taking a break. Goku lowers his soda can and peers at me. "Aster? You feeling okay?"

"Yes," I say as firmly as I could. "I'm ready for some...training."

"Well," Goku says, smiling. "Let's get to it!" He crushes the can and throws it over his shoulder.

The gravity is turned up and my knees hit the floor. My whole body is suddenly very heavy and it's hard to even move an inch.

"Are you alright?" Goku asks. "It's only 110 times gravity."

I try to stand up but my knees and hands feel like they're fastened down. "I'm j-just getting used to it."

"You can't handle this," Vegeta says bluntly. "You look like you're going to pass out."

I don't just look it, I feel it. "I can do this. I just...have t-to..." I finally stand on my feet, rather shakily.

What's wrong with me? I'm stronger than this! At least...I think so.

Goku and Vegeta begin to do push-ups and I settle on punches. My limbs weigh me down but I keep on doing it until they're about to fall off. Suddenly my chest pangs and my head pounds and I fear that that is going to happen in front of Goku and Vegeta.

But no, it was Gatar.

Aster-san, please stop training, it is not good for you.

You were gone for a whole day and half and came back telling me the most important thing we all should be doing is NOT GOOD FOR ME? I don't care if it's driving me crazy, I can't get stronger if I don't train.