CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

7 whole days in the spaceship for me only consists of headache, sleep, food, a few conversations, and more sleep. I eventually lightened up as we descend on Namek and the panorama is somewhat mundane. The land is blue and the sky is green and there are some odd looking trees.

"So this is Planet Namek, huh?"

"Ah, I remember this place so well," Kuririn says, inhaling deeply and grinning. "What an adventure we had here."

Vegeta treads down the sloping board with a scowl etched on his face. He looks around in disgust.

"Okay, where do we find the Dragon Balls?" I ask Kuririn.

"We have to find the villagers. They have it." Piccolo answers, appearing beside me, his cape flying in the wind.

I proceed to start moving but I stop. "Does Dende know about all this? Damn, I should've told him."

"Don't worry, I covered it." Piccolo says.

"Thank you," I breathe. "Come on, let's go. We don't have time to waste."

The 5 of us soar out, Piccolo leading the way. I stare at my reflection in the water and frown. Gohan was right. I am very white.

We approach Namekians working in a field and I let Kuririn and Piccolo do the talking because I don't know them. Vegeta's body is turned the other way and he doesn't seem to care about what's happening. I watch patiently as the situation is explained to them and soon, the Dragon Balls are taken out. They're exactly like the ones we have but much bigger in size.

A beast, Porunga, is summoned and the sky goes dark.

"Porunga!" Kuririn addresses the beast. "Bring back Son Goku!"

I stay silent, my heart thudding crazily inside my chest. Porunga is silent for a while. Then he says in the same deep, rumbling voice Shenlong has. "Your wish is granted."

A smile spreads across my face as Goku materializes before us. Kuririn and Gohan immediately go forth to smother him in hugs and yells.

"Goku-san," I say. "I'm so happy you can fight with us!"

"I won't miss it for the world," He says, smiling broadly. "I'm pumped! I really want to see how good your sister is!"

Vegeta scoffs. He turns around and glares at Goku. "You have no chance."

"Oh come on, Vegeta," He laughs. "Given up already? That's not like you."

Vegeta's face goes even sourer. "The Room of Spirit and Time will be of no use to us."

"Huh?"

I chew on my lip, trying to think up of something but there's nothing in my head. "Goku-san...do you know any places we can train at that can...give us a boost in a short time?"