Finding A Mysterious Man

Lucy's POV

I was about to turn around and head back into the castle until I saw an explosion happen on the other side of the castle. I stared in shock as the flames covered the side of the castle. Cannons were fired in the sky but I didn't see what they were shooting at, I was unable to see that side of the castle. I started taking a few steps towards the castle but heard a loud crash behind me.

"Wh-what was that?" I asked myself. I spun around and walked into the forest. The huge trees covered my view from the sky, the sunlight seeping through the leaves. I walked around looking in every direction for where the sound came from.

"It's really quiet, I think they stopped whatever was attacking.." I spoke to myself as I notice the sound of cannons stopped for a while now. I heard birds chirping and smiled as I whistled along with them. I walked past a thick tree and then stopped in my tracks. I stopped whistling and turned my head, spotting something. A man.

"He looks injured!" I panicked and ran over to him. He was unconscious and was covered in cuts and bruises.

"Is he a hunter of some sort? or maybe he's a civilian who got attacked? oh!! I gotta help him, who knows how much pain he's in!!!" I talked aloud as I stared at him. I knelt down next to him and threw one of his arms over my shoulder. I picked him up slowly and he groaned in pain. He didn't wake up though. I carefully made my way back to the castle, hoping that he wasn't a goner.

~o~

I stepped out of the tree line and was instantly spotted by two guards.

"Your majesty!!" they yelled as they ran up to me.

"Thank the Goddess Mavis you're okay!!" one said. I nodded and put on my royal smile.

"Please guards, help me carry this injured man to my room, and summon the royal doctor too." I said firmly and they shook their heads in agreement. One guard took the man from my grasp while the other one ran ahead in the castle to get the doctor. We made our way to my room but was stopped midway.

"Lucy!" I heard a voice called out to me. I flipped my head to the voice and smiled.

"Dad." I smiled at him, glad that he's okay.

"Are you hurt my daughter? I heard you went missing during the attack but thank goodness you're back." his voice was mixed with concern and relief.

"Father, I'm fine, during the attack I was outside. But liste-"

"Lucy my dear, who is that?" he interrupted me and pointed at the man the guard was still holding.

"That's what I was trying to tell you father! I found this man in the forest, he's injured badly father! please we need to tend to his wounds." I grabbed my fathers forearm and looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"Well don't let me keep you, get going. If you see Gray send him to the throne room." He turned away from me and walked towards the throne room. I signaled the guard and we began walking to my room again. Without any other interruptions, I opened the door to my bedroom and pointed at my bed.

"Please lay him down gently." The guard nodded and set the man down softly on the covers.

"Thank you, you may leave."

"Yes your majesty." without another word, the guard left and silence filled the room. I stared at the mysterious man. He had pink spiky hair that was messed up a little, his clothes were all tattered and torn. I gazed at his injuries and frowned. His cheek was cut open and dried up blood covered up half his face. His arms were cover in bruises and fresh cuts. He was dirty to, some dirt covered his clothes and got into his wounds.

"What has he been through to get this hurt?" I questioned myself. As I finished that sentence my bedroom door opened and the royal doctor walked in.

"Your majesty, you called for me?" he announced.

"Yes, please doctor, can you patch this man up?" I asked as I pointed at the pink-haired stranger. He nodded and stepped to the side of the bed.

"Leave it to me your majesty." he said in a comforting tone. I nodded and watched as he lightly wiped the dirt off his skin. He disinfected the cuts and wrapped them up in bandages. I looked at the mans shoulder and saw a strange mark. I decided to ignore it and continue watching the doctor work. But then my door slammed open again.

"Your majesty! the general is looking for you!" a soldier yelled as he looked at me. I nodded my head and glanced at the doctor.

"Don't worry your majesty, I'll finish taking care of him." He smiled softly at me and I smiled back. I sped walked out of my room and walked down the long hallway. I spot the familiar figure instantly.

"Hey Gray!" I shouted. He spun around and sprinted towards me with open arms. I threw my arms out and he hugged me tightly.

"Thank god you're safe, I was so worried." His voice was low.

"I'm fine, I was outside when we got attacked." We let go of each other and I looked at him with a questioning looked.

"What attacked us anyway? did anyone get hurt? is the castle okay?" I asked in concern. He chuckled sadly and avoided eye contact with me.

"We only had a few injured soldiers. the castle wasn't messed up that bad, we just have to replace some stone." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"That's good news, but what exactly attacked us? did you defeat it?" I asked. He sighed and suddenly, a serious expression was plastered on his face.

"A dragon attacked us."

A/N

Hey guys! so how was the chapter? If you liked it, go ahead and hit that vote button if you wanna. Let me know what you guys think about the story alright?? haha bye guys! :3

~Silent