Gray Vs. Lucy

Natsu's POV

Lucy and I were standing in front of the throne room doors. Lucy smiled at me before taking one of the keys off the key ring.

"Open, Gate of The Twins. Gemini." she tried to not say it so loudly. The two little blue spirits popped out of thin air.

"Piri! Piri!" they said in unison.

"Listen you guys, I need you to shape shift into Wendy." Lucy said. With a simple nod and a cloud of smoke, a Wendy look-a-like stood before us.

"Piri!" she cheered.

"Okay, now I need you to run into the throne room in a huge panic. Tell the king that Natsu escaped his cell." Lucy gave a small smile as they nodded. Lucy gave them a thumbs up and then grabbed my hand.

"What's going on? I thought you were going to confront your father?" I asked.

"We are, but I won't make it that easy. father needs to know that I'm serious." She answered. We ran through the halls until we got near the garden. Lucy peeked her head out.

"I don't see Laxus so this'll be a great place." She whispered. I gave her a questioning look as she pulled me in the gazebo.

"So what are we doing here?" I asked. She just smiled at me and grabbed my scarf. She wrapped it around her neck and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Luce?" I said, slightly blushing.

"Hey Natsu?"

"Yeah Luce?"

"The war is over now.."

"Yeah I know, Magnolia won."

"That's not what I was talking about." Lucy looked up at me after finishing her sentence.

"I'm talking about our childhood promise." She said.

"Ah yes, we said in this very spot that I'd tell you the promise after the war is over." I spoke as I remembered the past event. She was staring at me expecting me to speak.

"Is now a good time though?" I asked. She nodded.

"Of course--"

"--it's not the time to talk about that." a voice cut off Lucy's and answered my question. We both darted our eyes to the voices owner.

"Well, I see you did get you're memory back? that's good." I glanced over at Lucy who looked like she was gonna cry.

"I didn't think you'd be the first one to find us," she stood up and got in front of me.

"Gray." she finished coldly.

"When Wendy came into the thrown room, I instantly knew where to look. Since I know you so well Lucy." Gray said. He took a step closer to Lucy and frowned.

"I really hate that pink-haired freak, he even took you away from me." Gray said in an angry way. I peeked my head to look at him.

"Gray-" Lucy was cut off again.

"But now he's to be hanged, and everything can go back to the way it was." Gray smiled at his words. I glanced at Lucy's hand that grasped mine a few seconds ago. It was shaking.

"He won't be hanged, cause I have the power to stop it." Lucy said.

"Then I'll just kill him myself." Gay said coldly. Lucy's hand gripped tightly onto mine. it was intense silence until Gray sighed.

"You know Lucy, I've always loved you. since the moment we met." His expression changed to a sad one.

"But then you chose him instead." His voice sounded broken.

"Gray I-"

"So if you don't get out of the way, I'll just force you too." he said. At this point I was ready to beat him to a pulp. Instead Lucy looked at me and smiled. She whipped out her keys and grabbed a few of the key ring.

"Open, Gate of the Ram. Aries!" the fluffy spirit popped out as commanded.

"Aries now!" Lucy hollered.

"Yes ma'am." with that said, Aries made a barrier out of her fur. Lucy's hand was still gripped onto mine and we ran.

"Luce, let me go. I can fight him!" I told her.

"I know you can, but I don't want you too." we hid behind a huge tree and caught our breath.

"Open, Gate of the Twins. Gemini!" Lucy told them to change into her and run in the castle and find her father. They left instantly after receiving their orders. Lucy let go of my hand.

"Luce?" I whispered.

"I need you to hide, and don't come out no matter what. promise?" she said. I gave her a questioning look.

"What? what are gonna do?"

"I have to fight him, or he'll never stop."

"No. no way. I'm not letting you do that." I refused instantly and she just chuckled.

"I thought you'd say that, but please, do this for me." she pulled me down to her level and kissed me on the lips.

"Please?" I was slightly blushing at the sudden kiss. I averted my eyes, not answering.

"Natsu. I need to be the one who does this, so promise me no matter how much I get hurt, don't come out." She looked like she was about to cry so I have up and nodded.

"Thanks a lot Natsu." she smiled and hugged me tightly. Before anything else was said, she ran in the direction we last saw Gray. I got really worried after I couldn't see her anymore.

~o~

Lucy's POV

I dodged the ice cage Gray tried trapping me in. We've been fighting nonstop for a while, and it doesn't look good for me. I was breathing heavy and my body is all scratched up.

"I don't wanna hurt you Lucy-"

"It's a little late to say that, don't you think?" I said as I swung my whip in his direction. He jumped out of the way.

"If I have you hurt you in order to kill him then so be it.."

"Just stop this please."

"I won't! It's not fair!" He threw ice hammers in my direction, two or three of them hit me.

"Gray stop!" I yelled. I took a few steps in his direction.

"It's not fair! I met you first! I was there more than him! but yet!" Before he could lay another attack on me, I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a hug.

"Lucy..?" his voice cracked.

"Gray, please listen to what I have to say."

"There's nothing to be said.." He sad sadly.

"Gray, I do love you. but I don't love you the way you love me. The moment we met I didn't have friends. I was all alone. You were there for me when no one else was. I loved spending time with you, it was always fun..." His grip tightened as I spoke.

"I met Natsu the day you and I fought, remember that day?" I asked.

"The day I said you were useless..." Gray regrettably remembered.

"My only friend called me useless, I acted like I was fine but when I went to the garden, I started to cry."

"I didn't-"

"I'm not finished. When I was crying I saw the most beautiful butterfly ever. It made me happy just seeing its wings. That's when Natsu appeared. He was injured. And you know what? his hair was the same color as the butterfly's wings. I felt warm and happy when near him." It was silent for a little while, we kept hugging.

"I'm...sorry..."

A/N

Oh my gosh, hi guys! so I decided this wasn't the last chapter, yay! but the next chapter is definitely the last. Let me know how you felt about this chapter, I don't ship Graylu but this part had to happen. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! :D

~Silent