Safe

Lucy's POV

"I'm...sorry..." Gray muttered. I let go of him and looked up at his face.

"I'm so sorry...I never meant..for you to cry.." Now Gray was crying.

"I should've never said you..were useless, I didn't mean it...I'm such a horrible guy..!"

"No Gray, stop it. don't put yourself down like that.." I told him.

"I even hurt you...what the hell is wrong with me?!" his face fell into his hands. I patted him on the back and tried to comfort him.

"Listen Gray, I forgive you. I want you to be happy but I can't give you my heart. It already belongs to Natsu.." I said in a calming tone. Gray slowly nodded and then have me a pitiful smile.

"If you're truly happy with him, then I can deal with it.." with those words said, I smiled at him and gave him a big hug.

"Luce!" I heard Natsu yell from behind me. I flipped my head in his direction and gasped. Royal Guards were chasing him and Gemini.

"Gemini ran into Laxus before reaching the throne room, we got a bit of a problem!" Natsu said as he stopped in front of me.

"Okay, good work Gemini, you can go back now."

"Piri! piri!" As the spirits returned to their world, we were surrounded by the guards.

"Now what?" Natsu asked.

"I don't know..." I answered and started to think of a plan.

"Can't you call them off Ice Breath?" Natsu called Gray out.

"If I could, I would've by now. looks like they're under the Prince's command." Gray looked a little irritated. I noticed Laxus walking through the crowd of people and stop only a few feet away from us.

"So sis, your memory is back?" Laxus asked. I nodded and grabbed both Natsu and Gray's arm.

"I did big brother, I remember everything. I wanted to let you and father know but it seemed there were some issues going on and I had to fix them." I said in a firm voice.

"And I'm guessing one of those issues was that pink haired monster right there?" he asked and I nodded again, frowning at his words.

"Natsu is not a monster." I pulled Natsu closer to me and gripped on tighter to his arm.

"He has protected me and this kingdom-"

"But he attacked our castle, and hurt some of our soldiers during the war. he is dangerous sis, he must be killed before we get killed by him." Laxus had a stone cold expression but I can see it in his eyes. He doesn't wanna hurt me, or anything I love. I took a deep breath and glanced at Natsu.

"I wanna tell you all something. during the war, Prince Sting kidnapped me and beat me almost to death. I had no magic to use and no one was near for me to call for help. I thought that it was my end, but right as I was close to giving up, Natsu saved me. when he turned into what you call a monster, he killed the Prince and ended the war." I stopped speaking for only a few seconds to watch all the soldiers expressions change. Natsu's did too.

"Because of his magnificent magic, he saved me, the kingdom, and ended the horrid war. This man is not a monster, he is a hero. if any of you think for one second that I'll let you take him away from me, you got another thing coming. I'll fight to protect him until I'm in my death bed." I glared at everyone and saw they were getting frightened. I gazed at Laxus who had a small smiled on his face.

"Then maybe you should talk to father about it." he said. A path cleared and I dragged Natsu along with me. I glanced back at Gray and saw him smile at me. I waved at him and continued to walk towards the throne room.

~o~

"Lucy...I" Natsu sounded like he was struggling to say something. I looked back at him and flashed him a smile.

"C'mon it's gonna be okay, you got me." I felt him grip onto my hand tightly. I stopped walking and stared at him.

"I..I was just so scared. I thought I was gonna be..separated from you.." Natsu mumbled. I shook my head and pulled him into a hug. I let go of him a few seconds later and kissed him in the cheek.

"Now lets go, help me open the doors." I softly yanked him and we put our hands on the throne room doors. We looked at each other and nodded. With a strong push, the doors slid open and revealed the enormous room. I looked down to the other end of the room and spotted my father. I gulped and swiftly walked his way with Natsu still holding my hand. As we shortened the distance between my father, he stood up from his throne. We kneeled down when we got to the stairs.

"What is the meaning of this Lucy? there has been some chaos going on because of you." my fathers voice was loud and intimidating but I held me head up high.

"Father, I want you to stop this man from being hanged." I demanded.

"Why is that? this man is a dangerous being and even attacked my castle. As king, I cannot let him walk free!" He stomped on the ground with his foot. I sighed and let go of Natsu's hand.

"Father, remember the dragon that attacked the castle the same time I lost my memory and mom died? the one that you killed?"

"What about that wicked beast?"

"That was Natsu's father. The only reason Natsu attacked us was because he wanted revenge. But not only for his father, but also for the little girl he thought died during the attack. That girl was me." My fathers eyes widened and he walked down the stairs.

"Wait a second, you were the boy that pulled my little girl out from under all that debris??" I was surprised by fathers question and looked at Natsu for an answer. Natsu nodded.

"I didn't wanna accept that she was dead, I hoped that she'd be okay. I gave her my scarf to remember me by in case she did make it.." Natsu spoke. My father suddenly smiled and hugged Natsu.

"Thank you! thank you so much my boy!" my dad started to cry tears of joy.

"You won't be hanged, I am sorry for all the issues that have been happening..please forgive my behavior." I was in utter confusion but I'm happy that Natsu won't be hanged. After my father was done hugging Natsu, he released us and we walked back out to the garden.

"So what was that??" I asked. Natsu sat down in the gazebo and smiled at me.

"Well isn't it time for me to tell you about that promise?" my eyes widened and I dashed over to his side and waited for him to tell me.

"Well..."

A/N

Okay!!! so I know what you must be thinking, "THAT ISN'T HOW IT ENDS IS IT?!" well no, it's not over yet. I decided to do an extra chapter though it won't be as long as the other chapters. There will be a flashback in the next and FINAL chapter. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter even though I kinda rushed to write it.

~Silent