Acme

::Keith::

Andy lunges forward and kicks Radley in the chest, sending him flying back and crashing through the large window. His dark silhouette flies through the air till it’s out of sight. 

Woah. Sometimes I forget just how strong Andy is when she’s not holding back. 

When we had fought Damian he wasn’t all right in the head and it showed in his fighting. But Andy’s different, she’s fighting just as strong as before, better even. Even a two ton monster, a lightning summoner, and a mast assassin might not be enough to take her down. 

“Andy, listen to me,” I plead as I slowly walk towards her, “We’re you’re friends try to snap out of it, this isn’t you. Don’t you remember us? Me? What we had?”

For a moment, I swear a flicker of recognition flashes across her face. But instead of suddenly coming to her senses she kicks me in the chest. I double over in pain only to be met with an uppercut right to the nose. It sends me flipping over so that I’m lying flat on my back. 

Ouch. In movies whenever someone confesses their love to the brainwashed person they suddenly snap out of it, all I got was a bruising. 

I reach up and wipe a small trail of blood off my nose. Andy stalks foreword, she’s found a long bar from the debris in the fight and has sharpened it to a point with her bare hands. 

She comes to where I’m laying and stomps her foot down where my skull is. I roll out of the way at the last second, the ground shaking, but Andy wastes no time. She yells out as she pounds her fist into the ground again at my head, her other arm pinning me to the ground

I flinch barely escaping her fist. She pulls back again and something tells me this time she won’t miss. 

“Not so fast Blondie,” Mackenzie yells out as she tackles Andy off of me. The two roll on the ground but Andy’s stronger, pinning Mackenzie to the floor. 

She’s about to deliver another round of skull-crushing punches when Mackenzie reaches for her tool belt and stabs a dart into Andy’s neck. I remember those darts, they were special, laced with something that takes down those on Formula X. 

Andy staggers for a moment, plucking the dart out of her neck, and flinging it to the floor. “Merlonium. Nasty stuff but it’s going to take a lot more to bring me down.”

“Good,” Mackenzie grins as she staggers to feet, “I brought the whole arsenal.” 

She’s about to reach for her tool belt but suddenly Andy is by her side, gripping her arm in her hand. “I don’t think so,” Andy grins and whips Mackenzie across the room  and sends her crashing into the wall. A large beam from the ceiling falls over her, trapping her to the ground. 

“Mackenzie!” I yell as I try to run to my fallen teammate. Andy, however, steps in front of me. 

“Running to another girl, tsk, tsk, tsk,” she smirks, “And I thought what we had was special.”

I take a hesitant step back when suddenly a roar echoes across the lobby. Radley! He’s back, full monster, and he doesn’t look happy. 

He charges across the room and grabs Andy in a chokehold. If anyone can match her strength it’s him. 

The two wrestle around, a tie. This isn’t working though. We need a solution. We need the cure. 

I reach into my pocket where the syringe is safely hidden. Brian sent three samples from the Ultraleague. Radley had one he used on Damian, Mackenzie has one, and so do I.