Chapter 44

A.N. So in case you are bit confused by the picture above, here is the explanations. Nicolas Sarkozy is mentioned in the story and when I was googling how to spell his second name I came across this image and I laughed so hard as I am a huge huge huge fan of Zoolander. I absolutely pissed myself. 

And I also included a song that I really like. It has nothing to do with the chapter so listen to it in your own time if you want.

Light- Jon Byrant

Enjoy xx

****************

I tucked the present under my arm while grasping Raoul's hand in mine. I reached out and grabbed the handle of the door and stepped inside with Raoul trailing along behind me.

The smell of stale air and an artificial heat hit my face as the door shut with a whoosh. A grimace formed on my face due to the smell as I gazed around at the mayhem that was a children's play centre. It had one of those 3 story play frames with slides and obstacle courses built in.

Raoul started to tug on my hand and drag me towards where his friend, Brice, the birthday boy, was waiting for him. His tiny hand slipped from mine as he ran to Brice while screaming, 'Joyeux Anniversaire'.

I barely had a chance to tell Raoul that Iver would be back for him at half 5 before he had ran off and joined the other kids by the ball pit.

I sighed and walked towards Brice's mother who was standing beside a huge pile of presents of all shapes and sizes.

"Salut Cosette" I greeted while kissing her on both cheeks. I pulled the present out from under my arm and held it out to her.

"Oh merci beaucoup! I'm sure Brice will love it" She grinned as she added it to the pile. I highly doubted that he would even be able to physically play with half the toys he got. I smiled all the same in reply.

I planned to leave then but Cosette gestured to the seats where some other mothers were sitting. And then waved at the waiter to bring me some coffee. I took a seat out of pure politeness and greeted the other mothers. I really did not care for them at all. They reminded me of the mothers off 'Dance Moms' on MTV with all their bitching.

For example when one of the mothers wasn't wearing the latest Hermes scarf and instead a homemade one, which was beautiful by the way, they gossiped about her behind her back for days and even laughed about it to her face. They were a very bitter group of women and reminded me somewhat of my sister Alice. The only tolerable one was Cosette.

I could see though that even Cosette would be talked about for a few days at the very least for hosting her son's birthday party at this particularly scandalous venue. I could see it in their faces. I just rolled my eyes and took a sip from the cup of coffee that the waiter had brought me.

"So Talia, how is Raoul doing now that his hunk of a father is back in the picture?" One of the vultures leaned in across the table to ask me. The sneer on her face didn't deter me and neither did the fact that she knew my personal business.

"Oh just wonderful. Raoul is very happy." I faked a smile and crossed my legs. Her sneer dropped from her face as she was clearly looking for more out of me.

"And will he be picking up little Raoul later?" Another vulture crooned from where she perched. She was a pretty woman but it was a pity that her personality didn't match.

"Yes, as I'll be at home packing our bags for a family holiday to Rome" I said as I took another sip of my coffee. She leaned back in her seat and sighed. She reached to twist her wedding ring which was when I noticed that she didn't have one anymore. She was clearly on the prowl again for an even richer husband than the last three. She had even been engaged to Nicolas Sarkozy for a brief period of time before that fizzled out.