Chapter 14

So it was two weeks after my date with Cassio and everything was going great between us. We weren’t officially going out together but we had been on a good few dates by now. Everything was perfect he is really a great a guy, a guy that only ever seems to exist in books and cheesy films. I guess there was one thing I could thank Hamilton and the slut of his dog for. All thanks to him I had met Cassio and how could I forget Gregor, he is my little baby.

I glanced down at Gregor; he was sniffing at some buttercups. His bright blue eyes widened as he swiped them with his oversized paw. He jumped around the flowers, trampling on them. I giggled and petted him on the head. His soft fur covered head leaned into the palm of my hand. I bent down and threw his chew toy and he sprinted off after it into the distance.

I decided to go for a walk after a stressful day at work albeit a little less stressful than usual but it was pretty bad still. Hamilton was being his usual dipshit self but when is he not. I couldn’t even face him after the incident the week before, gone were the days about me fantasying about him. Okay that’s a lie but his actions and personality genuinely disgusts me.

It was rather uneventful in the morning when I arrived in work. Everyone was doing their job, typing away at their computers like robots. Hamilton had called me into his office, the frustration in his voice suggesting that it was quite important.

I had gulped down my coffee and burned my tongue in the process. I rose from my desk and rushed into his office. “I have to attend a ball this weekend” he had said while pacing in front of his large glass window. Paris looked particularly nice this morning. If I knew that he was just going to state a fact I wouldn’t have bothered to rush into his office. He is so melodramatic. “And I need you to come with me...as my date” he had stated, he didn’t even bother asking. His eyes suddenly met mine from across the room, waiting for my answer.

“And what if I have something planned?” I had stupidly asked while crossing my arms with a defiant grin stretched across my face. He had raised an eyebrow and the corner of his lips quirked up, even though he was clearly amused his eyes remained as cold as steal.

“And that...” he said while rummaging in his desk drawer, “Is why I already took the liberty of adding your name to the invitation. You can’t get out of it now” he had said and grabbed the invitation from the drawer. He slapped it into the palm of my hand. I went to pull away but his hand gripped my wrist and pulled my closer. “I expect you to be there” he had whispered into my ear, his stubble grazing my cheek sensually. I grimaced a little when his lips left a trail on my jaw line. I grimaced a little at the thought of where those lips had been. He had then dismissed me and that was all of the drama for the day. There was no way I was going to the ball. I have decided to pretend that a relative is dead, Sorry Gran.

And now that brings me to the infamous incident, whereby I caught Hamilton having sex with Annabeth Garcia, you know that really famous actress. Anyway there I was innocently bringing coffee to him in his office after lunch when I walk in and find him pounding into her with her skirt hiked up around her hips. I had gasped in fright and spilled his coffee all over the floor. He thankfully didn’t hear me over her outrageous moaning, there was no way he was that good. I then had to listen to them for another half an hour as I sat in my office. I tried using music to drone them out but it didn’t work. She stopped moaning after a while and then she had to make her walk of shame down the corridor with all of us sticking our heads out our office doors as she left the building. What she didn’t realise was that she tucked the back of her skirt into her tights. It was just too funny. No one said anything to Hamilton about it, we pretended like we didn’t notice, not that he would actually care. He is so sure of himself that he would probably have sex in the middle of the office if he could. From then the whole situation was referred to as ‘The Curious case of Hamilton’s Sexcapades’...well no it was just referred to as ‘The Incident’ but I think the first one has a better ring to it.