Chapter 33

It was finally Callie and Pierre’s wedding day. I hadn’t seen Iver for two days since I ran out on him. I regretted my actions but only slightly as I knew that it was for the better that I didn’t become involved with him again. I missed him and I knew that I definitely had pent up feelings for him. I had finally admitted that much to myself but I wasn’t going to act on them for the benefit of me and my future child. I know that most people wouldn’t be able to sympathise with me and would say that I was being selfish for not telling Iver but I knew what he was like. I’d become attached and then he would be gone to never be seen again.

“Talia, can you give me a hand with this?” Callie called out distracting me from my thoughts. I looked over and gasped. She looked amazing in her wedding dress. It was a beautiful light cream dress with lace embroidery on the bodice. It hugged her curves and accentuated her skinny waist. From the waist it flowed into a full skirt.

She was holding out the stings for her corset and was struggling to tighten them. I raced over to her and took the strings from her hands. “You look beautiful Callie” I smiled tears welling in my eyes. “Are you crying?” She asked and turned quickly to look at my face. “Ahh, stop it Talia. If you are crying you know that I will begin to cry” she scolded and then wiped the corners of her eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m just so emotional lately. I bet it’s this stupid pregnancy” I sighed exasperatedly and then pulled on the strings and tightening the bodice.

Once I was finished I walked Callie over to the mirror where we stood side by side. She looked absolutely radiant beside me. Her face glowed and her eyes shone with elation. Her hair was glossy and pulled up into a messy hairdo. A few loose hairs framed his angelic like face.

Callie had finally decided on the bridesmaid dresses. They were a deep red mermaid style dress. It was strapless and tight until it reached the tops of the thighs and then it flowed out and down. The train was made from a light meshy material. The bodice of the dress was embroidered with red jewels that glistened in the light. The dress was designed so that the mesh material could be removed after the wedding so that it became a shorter dress.

My hair was down and flowed around my face in soft ringlets. I had to admit that I looked nice. Callie was nice enough not to pick out some ugly dress for the bridesmaids. I think that would have gone against her ethics of working for a fashion magazine. Considering Pierre is a photographer and Callie’s position in the fashion world this wedding was going to be a fairly high profile one. I’m sure that the pictures from the wedding would most likely feature in a popular magazine the next day. So she obviously didn’t want us looking shit.

“Have you spoken to Iver since?” she asked with no hint of subtlety. I rolled my eyes, “Callie, I told you this morning that I hadn’t spoken to him and I’ve been with you all day. When would I have gotten a chance”? “Oh I dunno maybe when you snuck off to the bathroom for that half an hour” she accused raising her eyebrows and then reaching for her glass of water. “I just went to the bathroom. The pasta we had last didn’t agree with me that’s all” I mumbled. She took a sip of water “Whatever you say Talia” she sang.

In all honesty I had escaped to the bathroom to get away from Callie for a little while. I love her but Jesus sometimes she can be so overbearing. That girl needs to take a chill pill. I only planned on disappearing for twelve minutes tops. But while I was in the bathroom I discovered that I was within the range of the Wi-Fi. So I spent another 20 minutes catching up on what was happening on Instagram. I hadn’t messaged Iver once...I did Google him though. I came across a cover he did for People Magazine a while back and he looked down right sexy.

After Callie’s parents arrived and gushed over her appearance it was finally time for the long-awaited wedding of Callie and Pierre. I grabbed her train and fluffed it out behind her. “Are you ready?” I inquired. “I’m nervous” she whispered her eyes were wide and full of dread, “What if he isn’t there, what if he got cold feet, omg, omg!” She began to panic, her breaths becoming shorter and faster. Her face was turning blue from lack of oxygen. I didn’t know what else to do so I gave her a light slap across the face.