Chapter 4

*Recap*

He was probably still in line, lost in thought. There wasn't anyone else in line that I could remember.

I backed out of the parking lot and was able to make a quick getaway without being caught by the wolf.

Three days, school supplies and food obtained, and now, to my dismay, a wolf to top it all off. Great.

*******************

What happened next was easy. I got home, put all the food that wasn't being used for dinner away, and the proceeded to make the dinner. I decided to make Chicken Alfredo instead of fish tacos.

It was just a simple chicken Alfredo. But instead of using fettuccine, I use bow tie pasta. I stuck garlic bread mozzarella sticks, (which are amazing by the way) into the oven, made a nice little side salad with a little bit of ranch dressing mixed in.

It was a good meal.

My dad came home from who knows where, right as I pull the chicken and bread out of the oven. I grab 2 glass plates from the shelf and serve dinner.

Sometimes we switched, dad and I, one would make dinner the other dishes. But tonight I was a good daughter and did both.

Mainly because dad looked so tired that I was sure he was gonna fall face first into the yummy deliciousness of the food and be out cold. I wouldn't be able to wake him and I don't want him to die in good food. Now if he died with good food in his stomach that would be a different story. I'd be okay with that, sorta.

Like I would still be devastated that my dad was gone. But-I'm rambling, and not in a good way.

That boy slowly drifted into my mind. Why was he there? What was the moon goddess thinking when she decided that a sorta, mainly, human like me with a past like mine would be suitable for a full blown werewolf? Why was he there, at Walmart? I guess that's actually a personal question.

I knew that I couldn't avoid him forever. Unless we moved again. Which I was hoping we wouldn't for at least a little while. What if he was in the high school I'm about to go to? There was only one high school in this town.

Great, just fucking great.

Sleep. That's what I needed. If only I could sleep. It's been 4 days of staring at the walls in my room. At least now I had a new bed. Maybe it would help with the lack of sleep.

Two sleeping pills downed, a new bed to help with sleep, a wolf guy on my mind, and the thoughts of tomorrow, being a new girl in a new school three months into the school year. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

As if.

Three days down, more books read and actual food in this house later.

***************************************************
Four days, some actual dreamless sleep, and a wolf to worry about. What else could go wrong?

I actually managed to get some sleep. Meaning the sleeping pills took some effect. Not much because I fell asleep at 12 and woke up at 3, but still some sleep is better than none.

So I went for a run. It helped me think. My house was located near the woods. The me that was still tired after I've actually managed to sleep, didn't remember wolf/guy and decided that a run in the woods would be a great idea.

About 45 minutes into the woods I decided that it was probably time to turn around and head back inside. That's when I heard the breaking of twigs and the rustling of bushes in the distance. And then there was the growling. I slowed down to a walk, knowing that predators like to chase the prey, and at the moment I was the prey. Taking both head phones out and putting them in my pocket, I look around cautiously.

That's when I remembered about wolf/guy. Maybe if I call him out, and it actually be him, then I won't die, nor will I be as scared as I feel.

"Hey if that's that guy that I met at Walmart, then you should probably come out. I'm not afraid of you." I say in a voice that's nowhere near as confident as I want it to be. "Others on the other hand. I'm a little afraid about."

I hear a wolfy chuckle. Next thing I know there's a dark multi colored brown, light browns and an almost black color wolf in front of me. "It's you, isn't it?" I ask. I'm answered by a light nod.

My heart skips a beat but I'm glad that it's him and that I'm not about to be eaten alive by a wolf. Even though I'm a lot stronger than the average human I'm still no match to a werewolf. I sit down on the ground with my back to a tree, and the wolf comes closers to me.

He was going slow, like if he moved too fast it would startle me. Which to be honest it probably would, no matter how many wolves I've been around my whole life.

He got down on the ground and just laid there. Then slowly still, he crawled over to me and rested his head in my lap.

We sat like that for at least another hour. My back up against a tree, a giant ass wolf head in my lap, and my hand in his fur.

Four days, some actual dreamless sleep, and a wolfs head in my lap. No seriously, what else could go wrong?

Next day

I don't know my place in this world, but I don't think it's with that wolf/guy. And sure I know all about werewolves, and I mean pretty much everything there is to know. And all the real stuff about them. Not all the stories in books were true.

It just doesn't feel completely right to me. And maybe I'm just over thinking it. I didn't really have time for this, mainly because I had school in a little under 45 minutes and I still needed to take a shower, pick out some badass clothes, get my supplies together, which I was supposed to do last night, and do my hair. I don't wear make-up unless I have to.

I was bringing out the big guns for my first day. I had this dress that had this denim top part with an attached brown colored belt that had an incredible floral design to it. The skirt part was cream colors, almost tan. It had layers to the bottom and it slowly faded into a blue. And the dress stopped a few inches above my knees.

It was my favorite dress. It wasn't slutty, but it did make me have all the right curves in all the right places.

My accessories included a pair of nude heels, a gold bracelet and a matching necklace. And of course I can't forget my blue book bag that I bought from Walmart.

Now it was time to find where the school was, which is what I also should have done yesterday while I was out and about. It's so not like me to be ready for anything. Of course that might have to do with the fact that I barely sleep. I didn't sleep much last night, and the day before? Well forget that one, of course I didn't sleep that night.

I checked the time again, and I realized, more than once, that I was a big time procrastinator. The only thing I'm hoping today will turn out to be is easy. I would find the school easy, get my schedule, go to all my classes almost unnoticed, and then end the day by coming home. Easy right?

Of course I think too much and I also wish for things that never come true.
<-------_-_-------_------------_-------_-_------->