Chapter 36

Recap:

One month, five days, my father missing and the only thing I could think about was what was going to come out of this black hole of a nightmare.

******************

The scream that echoed throughout my room must have been defining. Only reason I say that is because my door slammed open, and my father rushed in.

I know I'm 18 years of age, but I still need my father for moments like this. Moments when my screams take forever to die down and the water works to dry out.

All the while my father rocks me back and forth while saying that everything will be okay even though we both know that it's just a lie and nothing will ever be okay, it only gets worse.

After a while sleep takes over. It seems like after every one of these nightmare I would wake up scream my lungs dry, cry my eye out and pass back out. Only no dream the second time, just black abyss and time that speeds up. 5am comes around and my eye spring open. Always 5am on the dot, never did figure out why that was.

I get up my face blotchy and red, hair a mess-ter-fest full of knots and it's just gross in general. I brush my hair out, painfully I might add, and tie it up. It's not like I'm not going to take a shower, I would just like to not have to take 2 of them.

Running clothes on, shoes tied, music playing, I start my jog. Even though these jogs are supposed to help me not think of my nightmares, I think about some of them anyways.

This was one of them.

*Nightmare*

I was driving down the same dirt road I had been driving down for months. The same dirt road I grew up running down, taking out the ATVs, then having the lame dirt road drag races where the the bets were who had chores.

It was 1am and I was running away. Again. I wasn't really running from anything. At least nothing in particular. I just needed out, out of that mansion of a home.

It's not like I hate the very home I grew up in, it's just some days it's too much.

Driving down the long dirt road helped. Sure it was 1am, and the way I was driving could have been dangerous. No it is dangerous. But what I was feeling was being thrown into the force of my movements kicking up sand and dirt so much that you could barely see the car, even if it was light outside.

Suddenly I stop, on my own accord. I was at the end part of the road facing towards the entrance, which was miles and miles down. Front one end you couldn't see what happened at the other.

Now of course, this was the castle mind you, so there were guards everywhere. Several I could sense watching my every move. I mean if I were to crash someone would have to save me. Only hier to the werewolf kingdom, she needs to be protected.

Slowly, to process everything around me, I breathe slowly, in then out. I shift gears fast, throwing the car forward at such a speed that even the momentum pushed me into my seat.

Three seconds. Thats all it takes for something as small as a movement of a wheel. One wrong turn of the wheel and you could be flying.

Course that's not exactly what happened to me. I mean yeah sure I did flip my car, but only once. 

What worried me was the fact that I hit and most likely killed something. Something that looked a lot like a someone.

I rush out of my car, ignoring the pain in my leg as I take each step. Getting to the person who looks to be dead I check it's pulse, slow but steady, so he's alive.

Why weren't there wolves coming from every direction? Their princess just flipped her car and someone human or not just passed the pack line. I could still feel the eyes from with on the forest watching me.

So why haven't they come?

The man below me, coughs quietly, his eyes blink open and I know exactly what's happening. The color of his eyes tell me everything.

This is a nightmare and my killer is sitting right in front of me.

I try my best to move as fast as I could away from the monster. Before I know it he changes into one of the rouges in the forest from a while ago. The ones who almost killed me.

I was frozen in fear. This moment happened in the real world. Two rouges, me on the verge of death, and my nightmare killer.

Only this time the rouge is my killer.

"You know I would never let you die, that would be to easy of a way out."

"Why do you hate me so much to kill me every night. What did I ever do to you?!?!" I yell to the wolf who was now slowly stalking towards me. My heart was beating erratically, sweat formed on my face in fear of what was to come.

"I don't hate you."

That was the last thing he said before tearing me to shreds.

*

I got home dripping of sweat and dying of thirst. After locking the door I walk to the kitchen. Thirst being my only prioity.

I grabbed a cup out of the cupboard and filled it with water from the tap, chugging it as soon as it was filled to the top. I then made my way, tiredly, up the stairs to my room.

One month, six days, a nightmare that had me screaming so extremely loud that if the neighbors didn't hear it then I would be surprised.

********************