Chapter 22

Recap:

My hearing wavered, and the world became blurry. I knew I couldn't let my eyes close, and I tried my best, but my best wasn't good enough.

The last thing I saw was the one person I feared most.

Four weeks, me being stupid enough to know the dangers of the woods around me and I still decided to play with fire. I was down, bleeding out, I may have someone saving me but the world may never know. The one person that scares me the most may have just found me. Great.

*******

I didn't technically wake up. I woke up into a dream. Which might have been worse then dying.

I'm overaggerating a little. Maybe a lot, who knows.

I woke up in the woods. No evil wolves. Nothing but silence surrounded me. For a few minutes that was it. Just silence. I knew it wouldn't last, but I hoped.

I look down at my body, nothing marking it. Nothing to show that I was just attacked by 2 rogue monster wolfs.

"Audrey, look at what you've done now." A voice calls out to me. I knew who it was. It was HIM.

I look up startled. He was standing right in front of me. If he was physically here, in a dream kind of way, then that means he's found me. His voice didn't sound demeaning, more like he was upset about my choices.

"Not yet my dear. But I will soon." He said answering my thoughts. His body wavers in and out of focus proving his words to be correct, he hasn't found me. Yet.

He was squating right in front of me. "What do you want? Hurt me some more?" Some reason I was being really really stupid.

First walking into the woods while rouges were on the loose. Secondly, talking back to HIM in a clip, venom filled voice.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

He glares at me. One I've never seen on his face. No the worse, no fire coming out of his eyes in pure anger. But this one is more like a mocking glare.

I don't get it. He was just fake glaring at me and nothing else. I want to scurry away and run but I can't feel anything. That and it would be yet another stupid decision I've made today.

"That wolf of yours doesn't know about me does he?" I shake my head at him knowing he means Kohen. "Good he can't. The consequences could be brutal."

A shiver runs down my spine. A million different things run through my mind.

How he could "kill" me, if by some chance he could worm his way into Kohen's mind. We are connected after all.

He stands up and walks back the way he came. Shimmering in and out of focus as he went.

******

When I gained feeling in my body I wished I hadn't. It almost made me pass back out. All I saw was white hot pain.

Any movement I made shot another wave of pain through out my body.

What happened?.

All I remembered was my dream. HE told me not to tell Kohen about him. Or was it the dreams in general he didn't want Kohen knowing about? I'm just not going to say anything to him about any of it.

Probably for the best anyhow.

I manage to open my eyes just enough to let the light through. Slowly but surely I opened my eyes fully only to be face to face with none other than my father.

I didn't move knowing that if I did I would hurt, so I only moved my eyes around.

"What happened?" I croaked out.

"You were being stupid Audrey." A different voice then my father's spoke up. Then Kohen's face popped up into my sight. He was pissed. Extremely super overly pissed.

My father was pissed, but not nowhere near the same as my mate.

I decide to look down at my body that was now throbbing in pain. There were scratch marks as well as bite marks everywhere. It was a wonder that I didn't bleed to death.

"You're a pain in my ass you know that Audrey?" My father commented.

"Yeah I know, but please someone please tell me what happened?" I ask, almost pleading.

"You were walking in the woods and two rouges attacked you. You managed to yell into our minds," my father started.

"And Kinsley felt it first," Kohen added.

"Then we ran to the house. Saved you, and all that." My father finished giving Kohen a playful glare for interrupting him.

"Yeah so you almost died because you didn't heed any warning. There have been rouge problems for a while now and you still didn't register that it wouldn't be safe. No more woods." My father was being completely seriously about this.

"Okay." It was better to just agree and not do it then to say fine or even fight him on it. It would do me no good to fight.

"I'm serious Audrey, no woods." He said again.

"Seriously, okay no woods got it." If I wasn't in so much pain from be stupid, yes I was agreeing with Kohen on this, I would hold my hands up in surrnder.

"Now that we have that settled. Let's get you fixed up." My father said with a sigh.

Four weeks, my life may be safe for now but you never know in these situations, nah I'll be fine. Two very angry wolves, so much so that me running away doesn't even match this. On the plus side two rouges were killed, out of probably almost a hundred something. Whatever at least I'm not gonna die today.

&************

Sorry for the long wait guys, I've been sick all of last week and the weekend just now getting mostly better.

Hope you guys like this chapter. I should have another one up on Thursday if not then on Friday or over the weekend.

Mnmsam.