Chapter 35

RECAP:

One month, five days. Nightmares not forgotten but in storage for the moment, my morning routine a mess, but then again so was I. The hope of a long day was present.

But of course we never get what we wish for.

At least when it comes to time.

*************

The day went by fast, faster then it should have. I looked down for one second in first period then I look up and it's time for lunch. Lunch went by slower for some reason but that was a godsend. Then fifth period the same thing happened. Head down for one second and I find myself in eighth period.

Why oh why time had to be the only measurment out there. I don't care what science says, time is the only measurement that actually matters.

(Don't judge, the movie Lucy with Scarlet Johanson was wonderful yet scary as all hell at the same time. (Not like horror movie scary though))

That's beside the point. I find it very true.

Back to reality, I was on my way home when I past this little book store. I've never seen it before, but then again I've never gone this way to get home. It was the long way so that's probably why.

I park my baby off to the side a little ways and make my way inside. Not without locking my car up first. That would be terrible. A few books is exactly what I need to keep me awake for at least tonight.

I know it won't keep me up for days, but at least it'll help for a little bit. I head into the book shop. At the front counter there was a little old lady sitting there and the name plate said Marcy Daniels.

"Hi, I'm Audrey." I say to the old lady, giving her one of my best smiles.

"The names Bertha Montgomery. " She say in a shrill high voice. A gerundge look on her face. That one that has a scowl on her face, disgust in her eyes, and has her head turned up.

"Uhh." I say slightly bemused. I wasn't really expecting it to be this way. Well, this has already started off bad. Wonderful.

"She's lying to you. Well maybe not the scowl, but that's always there." A voice sounds from somewhere between the shelves.

A younger girl, around my age, so probably 22 or something, comes around one of the corners with a book in hand, reading all without looking up. Skills man skills.

"Skills." I whisper under my breath. She obviously heard me, meaning she was werewolf. Her head pops up and a smile graces her face.

"Everything about Bertha," she says the name sarcastically, "is a lie. She not actually like this. But, like I said, the scowl pretty real." She puts the book face down to hold her place. "The names Marcy Daniels. If you go to the high school you probably know my brother. Enzo. Or you might know him as Thorne."

"Oh no, I call him Enzo. He hates it, but out of everyone in our group I'm the only one who calls him that. Not sure if it's perks or what, but it's always funny when he scolds at me." Marcy laughs a little at my comment.

"Perks from what?" She says with a questioning look on her face. Still friendly, but still questioning.

"Uhh, umm. I'm kinda mate with-"

"You're my brothers mate?!?! And he didn't tell me!?!?! That boy is so dead." She says with fake wrath. Or at least I hope it's fake wrath, it sounded fake.

"Actually, not his mate, Kohens." I say slowly, waiting for there reply.

"That explains a lot actually. You have a lot more power coming off of you than the boys combined. I'm guessing you're daughter to the chief warrior?" The elder lady spoke up, I wasn't actually expecting her voice to sound normal. Or the look of disgust to wash away from her face for that matter.

"Yeah, how did everyone in this town figure it out? Every time we would move to a new town no one would notice the girl who went to school somewhere for a year and then left that next summer." Could have something to do with the fact that I stayed invisible most of the time.

I wish I could turn invisible, that would be cool wouldn't it?

Back on topic. "Probaably has to do with the fact you smell human. Other wise there's no way you would t have been outed." Marcy says. "But you've been around the alpha and beta in training a lot. Sooooooooo." She drew out the o.

After a good while of talking I started browsing around at the books. After a while I found 4 books that caught my interest. I went back up to the counter, paid for my books, and figured it was time to go.

Books in hand I waved goodbye to the newest friends I had in the town. On the plus side, they owned a book store.

When I got home my father was nowhere to be seen. I waited for him. After a few hours my stomach started grumbling. I made whatever I could scrap up for a quick dinner for 2 hoping that once I was finished my father would come through that door and have dinner with me.

After 20 minutes of making dinner and setting the table I placed my casserole into the oven and started washing dishes. 10 minutes later the oven dinged and my father was still missing. If he were in a meeting I wouldn't want to disturb him.

But what was so important that he would miss dinner? I don't know, and I really wanted to find out.

I tried, I really did, to stay awake for as long as I could waiting for him to show up. His dinner was in the fridge packaged up in tubaware so all he would have to do it heat it up. Once the clock hit 11:30 I was gone.

One month, five days, my father missing and the only thing I could think about was what was going to come out of this black hole of a nightmare.

*********

Okay, so managed this chapter. It took me forever and I still don't know what I'm doing here lol.
I know there's a lot of errors in here but I'm trying to fix those. I'll eventually edit all of the chapters and put them into a separate book making the chapters longer or something. I don't know yet..

The next chapter should be a little easier on me... I hope. Anyways, hope everyone likes this chapter and has a good day, weekend, whatever.

-Mnmsam