Chapter 18

Recap:

This was gonna be one long car ride.

Three weeks, five days and two wolves. Both full of worry but one also pissed and the other one filled with sadness.

**********************

As I knew what was going to happen it was silent in the car. Just the sound of our breathing, and the emotions radiating off of the both of us were circling in the air.

No talking. No radio. Nothing.

Yet somehow, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Actually it wasn't awkward at all. Just tense.

After a few hours of silence we finally made it back in town, finally back to my house where one very pissed off werewolf was waiting.

Car in the driveway I didn't really want to turn it off because I knew when I did I would have to get out and face the music. Or the shark. Who knows.

I turn the car off. I turn to look at Kohen for the first time in hours and tell him he can just go home. The words I said may have seemed to be just a statement, but the way it came out of my mouth it was more of a command.

I got out after he did and walked inside. As soon as the door shut I was engulfed in a bear hug.

"What the hell Audrey?" Once he said those words I knew my father wasn't actually as pissed as I figured he would be. It was just worry.

"I can't breathe." I was serious to. It was actually very hard to breathe in my current position.

"Sucks don't it?" My father came back with. Even though he said that I was moved just enough where my airways opened back up.

We stood like that for a good few minutes. Just me engulfed in my father's arms, the feeling of safety surrounding me.

"I'm sorry about not coming back. After a while." I whispered.

"You went all the way to Georgia and didn't even ask Helen to make me a plate." I knew he was making a joke out of a terrible situation, but I didn't know why until he pulled me out of the hug and wiped the tears from my cheeks. He kissed me on the top of my head and pulled me back into a hug. This time not as constricting.

I pulled apart from him because it was getting to be tiring on my legs. I still haven't slept for the night. The bad dream isn't really a restful moment in sleep.

I walk to the kitchen and sit on one of the bar stools.

"So what was the dream about?" He questioned. I knew this topic was going to come sooner rather than later, but on the plus side, it's not like I keep these things from him.

"I don't think he's found me, but I think he's close to." My father and I think on it for a minute before I speak up again. "What's strange about this one though was that it started off as a good memory. Tag in the gardens."

I don't look up but I know my father is staring at me. I can feel the eyes on me.

"Maybe because you've found your mate." I didn't quite understand the tone he was saying that in, whether it be bad or good. I was ready to find out.

"He told you." It wasn't a question, only a statement, but it came out more like a question anyways. That or he just wanted to answer my non-question.

"Well yeah, but it wasn't that hard to figure out." He said it like he's know this all along.

"What I don't get is that you told him things that I wasn't ready to tell him." I was about to stop and let him answer my not real question I continued. "What did you tell him?"

"The nightmares," before he could even continue I stopped him, "You told him about my nightmares?!?!" I said in a voice that was just below yelling, it made me sick thinking that Kohen knew about my nightmares.

Maybe it was in an embarrassed way, or maybe it was because I didn't want his pity.

Or his help.

I must have been stuck in my head for longer than it seemed, I came to with my father waving his hands in front of my face.

"Audrey?" I register what he says finally. "What else happened?"

If it were anyone else, I would push it off as if it were no big deal. "It was just us in the gardens, and then it wasn't. He told me he would find me and that I couldn't hide for much longer." I think on it, just as my father did.

What was I going to do?

Three weeks, five days, and knowing someone who has been haunting me for years has almost found me.

And it hasn't even been a month yet.

What was I going to do?