Chapter 2 - Reborn

Chapter 2 - Reborn

Where am I?

A voice spoke as it's vision started to recover. It looked down and saw a ray of light shining above her. Underneath her were yellow flowers... buttercups to be precise. It look to it's arms and saw a blur of green and soon realised it was it's green and yellow shirt. The creature looked down and saw it's brown pants. The creature then begin to touch all over itself and that's when it came to a realisation, it's alive... 

or in this case, she's alive...

What... what happened to me?

The child spoke but no one answered. She was alone in a dark field of buttercup flowers. The child tried to stand up but she struggled. She then began to crawl and soon encountered a talking flower.

"Howdy, I'm Flowey, Flowey the Fl-" the flower spoke till he realised who he was talking to. "Chara?!"

Flowey made sure that it was actually Chara it was facing rather than another human who looks like Chara. But it wasn't mistaken, it's actually her, Chara, his adopted sister before he became a souless flower.

"Chara... it's me! Asriel" Flowey spoke.

"Ch...Ch... Chara?" the child said softly.

It turns out the child couldn't remember anything. It's memories forgotten and all she could only recall is her own voice. The girl looked at the talking flower in front of her and became scared. She screamed and her yell could be heard throughout the ruins, reaching Toriel's home where she, Frisk and Sans heard. Toriel recognised the sound and San's glowing blue eye appeared as well as his motivation to summon a gaster blaster.

"My child, go to your room" Toriel said as she saw Frisk being confused and Sans reacting in a dangerous way.

"But... but why?" Frisk asked.

"Just do what Tori says!" Sans said as he tries to maintain control of his powers. "You don't want to s...see me l...like this! Go! Before you have a bad time!"

Frisk did what Sans and Toriel told him to do and went to his room. Meanwhile, Flowey is confused why the child didn't recognised him. Maybe because he's no longer Asriel and now just a souless flower and his friend (who was supposed to be dead btw) is now alive.

"Chara... do you remember me? It's me, Asriel!!!" Flowey screamed with it's cute demonic voice as single tear began to fall. "Y... you have to remember me!!!"

"A...as...Asriel" the child spoke and soon memories started flooding in when she first came to the underground many years ago. She remembered her name and her times there before the events leading up to her death. The child started to have tears falling out of her face and she began to reach out to the flower.

*Distant Megalovania plays*

The child was trapped. She was confined in a cage of bones and blue fireballs surrounded the area. Flowey looked around to see what's going on. It then saw a familiar shadow and realised who it was. Flowey looked back at Chara who's trapped and fled the scene.

"Asriel... Asriel... COME BACK!!!" Chara cried.

Chara looked back and saw Toriel and Sans behind her. She was scared, especially to Sans since she has absolutely no idea who Sans is.  But Toriel, she was scared on why her goat mum was trapping her, keeping her confined.

"T...To...Toriel?" Chara said. "What's going on? Why am I here?"

Toriel recognise the voice, the tone of this trapped child and began to cry. It was the first human that fell to the underground, her and Asgore's first adopted child.

It was Chara... returned from the dead.

But for Sans, he doesn't trust the child. He sensed something wrong with her but couldn't put a finger (or interphalangeal joint... get it, cuz it's the scientific name of the bone of the 2nd finger) on it. All he knows, Chara will have a bad time. He was about to kill her till he looked at Toriel. He saw the tears falling of her eyes and her hand covering her mouth. He knows Toriel know something about this child that if she's killed, Toriel will not look at Sans the same way ever again.

"Toriel... please... help me!!!" Chara pleaded. "Please, I don't know what's going on! Why am I trapped here? Are... are you afraid of me?"

Chara began to regain small fragments of memories that took form in the shapes of nightmares, haunting her with ideas of death and killing everyone, especially her love ones. Her eyes swapped from her normal ones to red evil pupils.

"Toriel... help me please!!!" Chara cried as she tried to control her memories and thoughts.

Toriel casted a sleep spell to Chara and she fell to the ground, her head landing on the buttercups. Sans put down the cage and Toriel carried her to her home. She was placed in a spare room at the end of the right hallway and locked it with magic.

"Toriel... who is that child... and why did you save her?" Sans asked after Toriel locked the door.

"It's best you don't know for now" Toriel said as they left the hallway, leaving Chara asleep on the bed, fighting between her nightmares and her memories.

[A/N: I'm glad you guys are starting to enjoying this so far. I thought not many people would be interested... see you soon! :-)]