Chapter 5: Escape

Chapter 5: Escape

The snow.

The snow is different that it was before.

It looks similar but it isn't.

These were Chara's thoughts as she tried to flee from the ruins, to make a run for it to the exit. She needed to leave the underground as she knows she no longer belongs there. She feared that people would be scared of her... especially Toriel and Asriel (who became a flower?). Frisk in the other hand tried to follow her, knowing that she may get hurt or lost. He called out her name as he tried to follow her footsteps that's fading away in the snow. But he's still determined to find her.

Chara hid behind the trees as she didn't want to be found. But there were some areas where that was not an option and she just ran, hid behind workstations and snowpuffs just to stay hidden. She then saw faces of recognisable characters like Lesser Dog that she petted in the past that it's neck was so long, both she and Asriel were amused. Next was Greater Dog, where it's armour is bigger than its body. She noticed that Gogamy and Dogaressa and a few others were missing and it took a while to realised what happened.

They left. The barrier was broken.

This was her chance to escape. She can finally leave the underground. But before she reached Snowdin, she heard her name.

"Chara?!" a voice said

Chara turned around and saw it was Frisk who managed to catch up so quickly.

"Frisk, what are you doing... leave me alone!" Chara said as she faced him at the distance. "I need to leave!"

"Why? I want to know you more!" Frisk said.

"No... no you don't!" Chara said. "I'm dead... or supposed to be! I don't know why I'm supposed to be here or why I'm back! Please... leave me alone!"

Chara looked away as the snow got a bit heavy and their visions of each other became blurry and faded. Frisk tries to walk closer but Chara steps back, afraid.

"Chara... please...." Frisk pleaded.

"Leave... me... ALONE!!!" Chara said in anger, exposing a wave of gust, pushing Frisk to the edge of the mountain, to where the bridge is. Chara's eyes were pure red as she unleashed that energy and returned to normal once it stopped. She looked confused and saw Frisk who was clinging on, trying to get up. Chara was scared and ran away, crying 'I'm so sorry' over and over as she enters Snowdin, only to realised that no one was there anymore. Only a few stayed but it's really silent. Most of the monsters left for the surface which is good since they're free but bad for her since her past monster friends are gone.

Frisk tries to climb up back. He tries but his feet loses grip on the rocky terrain where if he falls, he's gone. He yells for help as he tried to climb and soon, something fell. It wasn't a rope but a neck.

It was lesser dog.

Frisk climbed up and saw Sans holding the dog's body. They then brought the lesser dog back and his neck returned to it's normal length.

"Thanks sans" Frisk said.

But Firsk looked and beside Sans was Toriel and her face remained upset.

"Tori, I-" Frisk said.

"Frisk... what happened to Chara?" Toriel asked. 

"She... ran away. I guess she's on her way to the exit where the barrier used to be" Frisk said.

"But how did you manage to fall?" Sans asked. "You could have died!"

Frisk gave it some thought and remembered the immense power Chara emitted when she wanted Frisk to go away. It was something that he has never encountered before. Chara is human right? But since when does humans have the power to push someone off? But then again, Frisk has the ability to reset the timelines if he dies. Is that Chara's superpower?

"Chara... umm... does she have superpowers like controlling the winds?" Frisk asked.

Toriel and Sans looked at each other but for different reasons. As Sans went to Frisk to comfort her, Toriel got a phone call.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Hey Tori... I know you don't want to speak with me but... the barrier returned and for some reason, we're all back underground" a creature said.

"Asgore?" Toriel asked. "Is this some kind of joke?"

At the same time Toriel said that, Sans's eye began to glow and he got a massive headache. Frisk tried to comfort him but San's mood changed instantly.

"Kiddo.... stay... away" Sans said.

"Sans? What's wrong?" Frisk asked.

"Just stay away..." Sans said.

Frisk took two steps back and a gust of wind started to surround Sans, similar to Chara's. Does San's have the same abilities with Chara? Is Chara exposed to San's powers (like it was transmitted?). The gust stopped and Sans disappeared. Toriel's phone call ended and faced Frisk.

"Frisk... we need to go to the exit once again!" Toriel said.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I... do not know" Toriel replied but they both went.

Meanwhile, Sans teleported and saw his brother near Hotlands. There, he see's Papyrus on front of the docks where they wait for the riverperson.

"Papyrus?!" Sans asked.

Papyrus turned around and saw his brother. He ran with both joy and fear as he has no idea how he got back.

"Sans... how... how did this happened?" Papyrus asked. "I bought a car... well, someone gave it to me for free because i asked for directions. And I was driving on the bridge and soon I'm back...?"

Meanwhile in the surface

"There has been an accident in the bridge leading to Mt Ebott where 2 cars hit each other. Only one driver was found and the other remains missing" A reporter said as there's a fire on the bridge and it caused a lot of traffic.

Back to the underground

Toriel and Frisk ran passed Snowdin and as they were to approach the entrance to Waterfall, they saw a lot of monsters returning to their homes. Toriel and Frisk asked what happened and all gave a similar response...

They can't.

Soon, Alphy's status notifications were popping up on their phones. The messages and statuses started off sweet but it changed drastically.

Alphys: I kissed a girl and I liked i-

Alphys: My phone fell

Alphys: Why is it dark? Have I been here before?

Alphys: Undyne and I are exploring. Everything seems too familiar

Alphys: Guys... i think we're back underground but im not sure

*Alphys sends photo* Guys, look who I just caught up with, It's Papyrus and Sans!

Alphys: Guys... WE'RE BACK UNDERGROUND!!!

Alphys: Undyne is mad, she's attacking the wall! *sends photo*

Then a photo came from King Asgore, it was the barrier, the exit. It was blocked. The barrier isnt broken. Then one message sacred Toriel but it got the whole kingdom in a standstill. 

King Asgore: GET THE HUMAN!!!

King Asgore faced the barrier along with the other trapped monsters and he knew it all along he was right. Frisk... the remaining human, the one they thought could free them, they need his soul to attempt break free once more because they were all teleported back in to the underground.

[A/N: Sorry for the delay and there will be more since Uni just started again so... my apologies.]