Chapter 4: Lost Child

Toriel held on Frisk's arm as she brings him back in his room. Frisk however tried to escape Toriel's grasp by tugging away but she was strong. Frisk tried to walk back to the room but can't.

"T...Toriel, what's going on?!" Frisk asked. "Who's there!"

"No one.... Just don't ok" Toriel said with a sigh and a hint of anger.

"But Toriel! Please.... I need to know!" Frisk pleaded with DETERMINATION. "I know you're keeping secrets from me!"

"I'm hiding nothing!" Toriel said as she doesn't look at Frisk, closing her eyes as she tries to cover up her guilt.

Frisk knew that Toriel is hiding something, she just doesn't want to admit it. He decided to place the final card in his hand, that one word that would trigger something in Toriel's memory, changing the relationship they once have just to get answers.

"IT'S CHARA ISN'T IT!" Frisk said.

Once those words came out of the child's mouth, Toriel stopped and let go of Frisk's arm. Chara heard her name and she looked at the door with a small tint of hope in her eyes. Toriel began to cry and tries to stay strong but she couldn't since Frisk spat out something that she never thought that the child will know.

"W...where did you hear that name?" Toriel asked.

Frisk looked confused but before he could response, Toriel looked at Frisk with tears coming out of her eyes.

"How... or where did you hear that name?" Toriel asked. "TELL ME!?!"

"I was in Alphy's lab before we broke the barrier" Frisk said. "I then saw tapes of your past relations with Asgore and Asriel before he became Flowey and how you once had a human child named Chara".

"Wait... my son is... Alive?" Toriel cried.

Frisk nodded and Toriel fell on her knees as Frisk revealed some things that shouldn't been mentioned and stuff that Toriel tried to forget . She didn't want to revisit her past, not after what her husband was determined to do when Chara and Asriel passed away. Now, two of her children are alive and she has no idea where Flowey... or Asriel is and has no idea how both of them are still alive.

"Is that her? Chara? In the room right now?" Frisk asked.

"Yes..." Toriel said softly.

Toriel knew the child knew too much, that there is no point in hiding it since he knew the basics. It was time for her to tell the truth. But before she could speak, Frisk interrupted since he knows that something like this was a very sensitive topic to bring out. It was uncalled for, for him to speak out such topic. He understood why Toriel wanted him to not know about any of this but he also wants to know what's going on. As a child who just in under 12 hours of staying in the underground (yes, it's that short), he needs to know the family tree of his new home.

"Toriel, you don't have to tell me now but if you're ready, I'm ready to listen" Frisk said as he returns to the room.

Frisk returns to his room and Toriel walks to the living room till she saw Sans sitting on the couch.

"Sans, you're still here... I thought you left" Toriel said.

"Tori... I never left" Sans said.

(LIAR!!! the author said)

(SHUT UP!!! Sans said)

"But I can see that the child knows" Sans commented.

"Sans... did you ever know about Chara and Asriel before?" Toriel asked. "You know... before your father died?"