Chapter 7: Illusions

Frisk emerged in front of Chara and she wanted to run away but it looked like Frisk wasn't looking for her. Frisk was acting differently and just passed through her. Soon, she saw multiple illusions of Frisk, all from different timelines and resets. Maybe it was because she touched an Gaster that it left some weird side effect on her. It could be because Gaster was unaffected in the resets. Chara has no idea where to go because this lab was something she's never saw before. It was built months or years after she died. She found another ghost version of Frisk and decided to follow it.

As Chara followed the image, it vanished when it entered a room. Chara then turned around and saw another image of Frisk going to another room then disappearing. Chara decided to leave the images alone and just look around by herself. As she passes by the dark and dusty rooms and hallways, she enters the room with the tapes that the Dreemur family recorded. She watched and even if the lens cap was left on, just hearing their voice again just fills her with happiness and wishes to go back to that time.

Meanwhile in the barrier entrance

"ASGORE... FRISK DID NOTHING WRONG!" Toriel yelled. "IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT THE BARRIER CAME BACK!"

Asgore and some of the other monsters were ready to fight Toriel, Sans, Undyne, Papyrus, Alphys who is protecting Frisk. Some of the other monsters were too scared to get involved that they just watched as the king and former queen duel for Frisk's custody.

"Toriel, I'm doing what's right for the monsters!" Asgore said. "Like you said, we only need one human soul".

"I'm sorry your highness but Frisk needs to be protected!" Undyne said with her spear on her hand. "I can also agree that Frisk didn't do this".

"I-I-I'm with Undyne with this" Alphys said.

"TRAITORS!!!" Asgore said. "You... you don't care for monster-kind dont you?! YOU WANT US TO BE TRAPPED HERE!"

"Asgore... your highness, Frisk is just a human... a simple human who has no powers of any kind" Sans said.

Frisk cried as this feud is going on. He didn't want this at all. He thought he managed to save them but it didn't work. They were all trapped once again. But what doesnt make sense is how did every monster that escaped returned? Did Frisk reset the timelines once again? Did something happened to Frisk that made him go back?

Sans turned around and saw Frisk holding a knife that he picked up throughout his journey in the underground. He ran and pushed Frisk somewhere away from everyone's sight... at the corridors where Sans and Frisk met before facing Asgore

"What the hell are you doing kid?" Sans asked.

"I... I need to go back" Frisk said.

"You mean go back in time?" Sans asked. "Kid, I appreciate your time traveling powers but what will that knife do?"

"This knife... it triggers my time travel..." Frisk said. "But... I can't do it... I can't kill myself. Sans... please kill me"

"WHAT?!" Sans asked. "No... no way kid".

"Sans... the only way for me to go back in time is for me to die. If I can go back to the point before everyone returned, I can change time. I can change everything!"

"Kid... kiddo" Sans cried.

"Do it Sans" Chara said who just arrived. 

Her head is facing to the ground as she's still upset. Sans and Frisk saw her as she walks towards the two of them.

"Wait what!?" Sans responded. "No... no way! I made a promise to Toriel".

"Then maybe... you can just leave the two of us alone!" Chara said as she used her powers and sent Sans back to Toriel. Sans got a headache but soon realised what happened.