Chapter 4- Dinner with the Black Family

-Emma-

"What? No freaking way!" Amy exclaimed as she shut her locker. I had just finished telling Amy about the information that I found out about last night and she couldn't even believe it. Hell, I still couldn't believe it.

"Shhh keep it down." I said scolding her like a mother does to a kid causing her to pout. She was attracting unwanted attention from people in the hall and I really don't want people sticking their nose in my business. Stupid people.

"How could you have not known that Aiden's dad was your dad's boss? Where have you been all your life?" She said incredulously.

"Hey! In my defense it never came up till now" I pouted. "It's not my fault that my dad never mentioned it, what was I suppose to do go up to my dad and be like 'Hey dad I was just wondering what's your boss's last name and does he have son that goes to my school who I sort of have small crush on?' "I said giving her a pointed look. She rolled her eyes at me as we walk to our last class together trying to maneuver around other people in the hall.

"You know that's not what I mean." She said. "It must have come up at some point."

"Nope, it never did." I said as we entered the classroom and walk to our usual desks.

"So what are you gonna do tonight?" She questioned.

"Well there's nothing I can do, I just have to be on my best behavior and try my hardest to be sweet and polite to Aiden. My dad is banking on this dinner to make a good impression, I don't want to the reason that screwed him over."

"Yeah I understand, but you have to call me right after dinner to tell me how it went, okay?"

I nodded and turn my attention to the teacher who just entered the room. Class went by in a blur and the next thing I know Amy was dropping in front of my house.

"Call me when dinner is done okay!?" she yelled from her car. I yelled back an 'okay' and she drove off. I walked inside the house and the aromas of delicious food attack my nostrils and made my mouth watered as I walk into the kitchen. My mother was standing by the stove stirring a pot when I sat on one of the stools near the counter.

"Mom, why do you always such amazing food when we have company over and never when we're by ourselves?" I asked her teasingly popping a grape from the fruit bowl in front of me in my mouth.

"What? Are you saying you don't like my cooking?" She asked glaring at me playfully. My mom is an amazing cook, it's my dad's cooking you have to watch out for. Trust me just stay away from him and his cooking.

I chuckled. "All of this for dad's boss?"

"Yup, we have to make a good impression. This could help your father get the promotion he always wanted." She answered back. I nodded my head as I popped more grapes into my mouth. I love grapes, they're yummy.

"Need any help?"

"Actually I need you to set the table and get dressed. Our guest will be here in an hour." I looked at the clock and it read 4:45. Better get a move on it.

After I finished setting the table, I went to my room and set out an outfit which consists of a dress with a peach colored skirt that fall to my knees and a sleeveless cream colored top, I paired that with a white cardigan and cream colored flats. I usually don't get dressy for dinner but we need to make a good impression and well I wanted to look nice. After my shower and getting dressed, I curled my hair so that it falls mid way to my back; I kept my make up to a minimum. When I was finished I glanced at clock. 5:40 PM. I took one last look in the mirror and made my way downstairs. Just as I made it downstairs the doorbell rung and my dad went to answer the door as I stand next to my brother and my mom.

"Michael, it's great to see." A deep voice said to my dad.

"Great to see you too, James" My dad replied as he moved aside to let our guest in. When I caught sight of Aiden, I couldn't help but give him a once over. Sue me. He was wearing a blue button up shirt that showed off his muscles and was rolled up to his elbows and a pair of dark blue jeans, his hair was style in a way that looked like he just rolled out of bed with it and fell on over his forehead a little. I looked up to see him smirking which caused me to blush a little. Damn he knew I was checking him out, I glared at him.

"James, you've met my wife Sophia." My dad said.

"Yes I have, lovely to meet you again." He said warmly. My mother nodded and greeted him and his wife with a small smile.

"This is my son Tyler and my daughter Emma." My dad introduced us pointing to Tyler then me.

"Great to meet you." Mr. Black said smiling genuinely at Tyler and me.

"It's nice to meet you too Mr. Black." I said giving him a small smile.

"Please call me James. This is my wife Carol and my son Aiden." He said pointing to his wife then Aiden who was staring intensely at me. I raised an eyebrow at him as I turned to greet his mother.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Bla-" Before I could finish I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by Aiden's mom.

"Oh please call me Carol!" She exclaimed.

"Um okay.. Carol" I said offering her a smile, after exchanging greetings we all sat down at the table and surprise surprise Aiden was seating next to me.

Dinner was so delicious I didn't even pay attention to the conversation. I was too busy stuffing my face till I felt a kick on my right leg I turned to glare at Aiden to find him acting innocently eating his food I kicked him back in the shin and watch as his face twisted in pain. I smirked in satisfaction as I continue my dinner, then suddenly I felt a hand grab onto my knee, I let out a small gasp as I turned back to Aiden and glared holes into the side of his face. I tried to slap his hand away but he just keeps his hold onto my knee, I felt his fingers brush my knee in a caressing motion sending sparks shooting through my body. Why was he doing this? That bastard.

"Emma" My mom called out.

"Y-y-yes mom?" I stammered out as Aiden continues to caress my knee moving his hand higher. Thank god no one notice my nervousness.

"Would you and Aiden please bring the dessert into the living room?" She asked oblivious to my reaction. I nodded and literally sprinted into the kitchen. I leaning against the counter trying to calm my racing heart, until I heard footsteps entering the kitchen I look up to see a smirking Aiden walking towards me.

"What the hell was that in there?" I hissed pointing to the dining room.

"What was what? I have no idea what you're talking about" Aiden said as his smirk widens seeing me so flustered.

"Freaking idiot" I muttered under my breath.

Then I felt warm lips near my ear "Didn't I tell you I found your weakness princess? You feel attracted to me, don't you?" Aiden whispers into my ear sending shivers down my body. I tried to ignore the feeling and turned around to face him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I said nonchalantly.

"I think you do sweetheart, or else you would be blushing when I'm near you or shiver when I touch you" Aiden said "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about" with that he grab the tray with the chocolate cake on it and disappeared into the living room. I grabbed the plate and napkins and made my way there also, as dessert was serve I would catch Aiden sneaking glances at me every now and then, but throughout the rest of the evening all I could think about was Aiden's words.

When dinner and dessert was over we said goodbye to the Black family and I made my way up to my room changing out of those clothes into pajamas. I lay on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

I mean yes, I am attracted to him a bit and I do find him hot. But do I really like him. Do like like him? God, he's a jerk. But for some reason his cockiness draws me towards him even more. I sighed and rolled over to my side cuddling with my pillow. I didn't feel like thinking about it anymore so I push the thought to the back of my mind and fell into a deep slumber.