Chapter 31-This is Not the End: Pt 2

-Amy-

"Nick! Get up you lazy ass!" I yelled as I charged into Nick's dark room. I flopped on top of his back getting a groan of frustration from him. "Get up, get up, get up." I repeated numerous times as I smacked him in the head with his own pillow.

"Amy, shut the hell up and get out." Nick growled out as he rolled over causing me to fall off his back and onto the floor.

"Nick, I'm actually being a nice sweet sister and waking you up for your eight o'clock class that starts in fifteen minutes!" I exclaimed standing up from the floor.

Nick's head popped up at the sound of that and looked at the time. "Shit!" He yelled scrambling out of his bed. "You couldn't wake me up earlier?" He asked grabbing random pieces of clothes from his closet.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me, but is it my job to wake you up and make sure you get to your class? No I don't think so, you're a grown ass man in college I might add, so you can wake up yourself and get your ass to school!" I retorted rather loudly.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, thanks for waking me up though." He said walking towards his en suit bathroom. "Even though you can be annoying as hell and a bit or a demotic child at times, you're still a good sister." He said grinning as he pinches my cheek.

I slapped his hand away. "Way to wrap an insult and compliment into one." I said rubbing my poor cheek and Nick just chuckled. "Go get ready. You don't have time to waste."

"Yes sir." He said giving me a salute. I rolled my eyes and walked out of his room and down the stairs towards the kitchen to get some breakfast. Two minutes later, Nick was down the stairs and in the kitchen looking refreshed.

"Here" I said tossing him a granola bar. Nick caught it and stuffed it into his backpack. "Oh take this too." I said tossing him a bottle of orange juice.

He caught it and cracked open the cap taking a gulp. "Thanks Ames!" He said after grabbing his car keys and running towards the door. I swear sometimes Nick acts like a ten year old heading to school and I feel like the mother who has to get him ready. I feel too old and I'm only seventeen for gosh sakes!

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and filled it with some cereal. I opened the fridge door to get some milk when a light blue cake box caught my eye. I studied the box. It wasn't there last night when I went into the fridge last night. I know my parents didn't buy any cake either. It's probably Nick's, well let's see what kind of cake it is!

I took the box out the fridge and placed it on the counter and opened it. Inside was a really pretty cake, its outer frosting was of a light aqua color. It was designed with white frosting petals cascaded around it. I admired the beautiful cake in front of me. I glance to the side of the box and saw a white card labeled with my name on it. I picked up the card in curiosity. Who would get me such a pretty cake and for what reason? I opened up the card and started to read it.

'Dear Amy,

Such a pretty cake isn't it? I thought you might admire something like that. I don't know much about you, but I know enough. Your favorite color is a light blue, like the ocean. You love the flowers, lilies, just naming a few things. You might not have a huge part in this, but you still have a part. That's why I thought this would be a simple sound way of a warning. Don't get more involved into this then what you are, Amy. You will regret it immensely. Enjoy the cake.

P.S. You should really get that lock in your back door fixed.

-Mark.'

-Matt-