Chapter 17-Ignoring Him, Missing Her

Chapter 17- Ignoring Him, Missing Her

-Emma-

After spending time with Nick and talking about the situation that had occurred, I still didn't know what to do. I was more confused than ever before. What the hell is a girl supposes to do? The guy that I had a crush on for past three years and the guy I eventually started to like was kissing my newly found enemy and just when I thought that he might feel the same way that I do he completely crushed that hope with what I saw today. To say I was heartbroken would be an understatement. I was devastated, but did I show it? Hell fucking no.

After my trip to the beach with Nick, he dropped me straight home and told me if I need anything to call him. I said my good-byes and walked into my house and upstairs to my room. When I opened my room door I was taking back with the body that slammed into me.

"Emma Marie Miller, where the hell did you disappear to?" Amy voiced in a motherly tone as she pulled me into her embrace.

I internally groaned. I love Amy, don't get me wrong but sometimes I just want to be alone especially now. But she is my best friend and I do need her. "I was with Nick." I said almost robotically.

"Nick?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

I nodded and sat on the edge of my bed. "When I walked out the school doors Nick was walking up with my phone that I forgot in the car and when he saw how I was he asked what was wrong and I just told him to take me somewhere and he complied." I said simply.

"Where did you guys go?" Amy asked sitting next to me.

"To the beach, he bought ice cream and we sat on the sand watching the ocean. It was quiet relaxing."

"Did you tell him anything about what happened?" Amy said softly.

I nodded. "Yeah I told him everything and he actually listened. Who knew he had that quality?" I said with a slight chuckle.

I saw a faint smile play on Amy's lips as she nudged my shoulder. "What are you gonna do Em?" I knew she was referring to what happened today.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't have a clue Ames. I honestly don't know. I felt like he was playing with my feelings Amy. I feel like he knows that I liked him and to get me off his back he kissed that bitch. I even promised myself not to let him mess with my emotions, but that obviously failed." I sighed a fall back onto my bed letting my head hit the pillows.

"Why don't you just tell Aiden that you like him? Maybe he feels the same and the kiss was an accident." Amy said innocently.

My head popped when those words slipped out of her mouth. "Amy did you not see what happened today? He was kissing Ashley and it sure as hell didn't look like an accident! If he liked me he wouldn't have done that."

"Maybe he had a reason?" Amy said.

"Reason my ass. What reason does he have to kiss Ashley?" I scoffed. "She's pretty, blonde and fake. All the things he's looking for." I grimaced.

"You got the fake part right." Amy said bitterly.

"Maybe it's best to move on? To forget about this crush? Because Aiden could never feel the same as I do." Emotions starting to leak through my voice.

"I think it's best if you do." Amy said softly. "I don't want to see you like an emotionless shell of a person over a stupid guy."

I sighed. "Moving on is best." I said trying to convince myself.

"So you and Nick, huh?" Amy said changing the topic as she waggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes at her and took my pillow smacking her in the face. "No Amy." She pouted and rubbed her cheek softly.