Chapter 27- Just Being Teenagers

Chapter 27-Just Being Teenagers

-Emma-

A few days had passed and no sign of Mark at all. Not a note, a call or any sight of him especially on the surveillance program we had retrieved from his laptop and that was strange. You would think since Mia left so suddenly that he would at least look for her. That over the two years he would at least care for her a little, but I guess he's just a cold emotionless shell of a person.

When we left Mark's house we had decided it was best that Mia stayed at Aiden's house for a few days, just in case Mark would be after her and she wouldn't put her family in danger of him. If you're wondering if I'm jealous, honestly I'm not. I trust Aiden and his choices and I have to say Mia is turning out to be a sweet person. She fit in perfectly with our little group. She decided to transfer back to our high school to finish her senior year and all of us couldn't be more happier, she even has some classes with us and things were going great. So far.

"You okay?" Amy asked nudging my shoulder with her own. We were currently walking down hallway to our lockers. Our first class hasn't started yet since we have fifteen more minutes.

"Is it bad to still be on edge because Mark hasn't made a move yet?" I asked opening my locker.

"Honestly, I don't think so. Like Mia said, he has men watching our every move and even though we got Mia out of there and he hasn't made a move we know he is still watching. Mark is just waiting for the right time to make his move." Amy replied leaning against the lockers.

I sighed and slammed my locker shut. "I need to stop thinking about this, or else this just might eat me alive." Amy nodded in agreement. We were just about to walk down the hallway when we saw the rest of our group walking towards us. "Hey guys." I greeted them with a smile.

"Let's skip school today." Derek said not beating around the bush.

I raised an eyebrow at his bluntness. "Skip school?" I questioned.

"Yes." Aiden said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Don't you ever get tired of being in school all the damn time?"

"Yeah, but have a test in Chemistry and a quiz in History." I replied.

"Nerd." I heard Aiden muttered under his breath. I slapped him on his chest and gave him a death glare. "I mean a cute adorable nerd! Please don't hurt me I'm too young and hot to die." He pleaded.

"Too young, yes. Too hot, no. I've seen better." I teased shrugging off his arm from my shoulder causing our friends to laugh.

"She's right you know." Mia added. "There are way hotter guys out there." I chuckled and walked over to her giving her a high five.

"See even Mia agrees with me." I said slinging my arm around her shoulders and Aiden just gapped at us.

"Seriously?" He asked incredulously.

"Face it man, there are better looking guys out there." Derek said slapping his back. "For example, me." Aiden turn to Derek and I could see he was giving him a death glare.

"Cruel man, just cruel." Aiden said looking at all of us and we all just chuckled.

"So you in for skipping school today?" Matt asked with his arm wrapped around Amy's waist.

"Err, I'm not sure about that." I said a bit skeptical.

"Come on please!" Amy and Derek said in unison both giving me puppy dog eyes and pouty lips.

Don't fall for it, Em!

"Please." They said getting closer.

Don't cave in. Be strong!