Caretaker

Entry Three

I think my parents got tired of taking care of me. Sure, they nursed me back to society's version of normal, or at least close to it. But there's only so much patience and love harboring in parents until they tell their child that they need to get back up on their feet. Well, that's what they did with me. I've been unpacking my luggages for a good two hours now and I doubt no one has noticed my return. As I continued to fold and put my clothes into my drawers, I heard a knock at the door. Getting off my knees, I hurried to the door only to find a woman standing behind it. Her teeth were perfectly white, and her blonde hair flowed past her shoulders. She smiled at me, whilst I simply looked down upon her. There was no reason for me to offer a smile to a stranger.

"Hello, Alexander!" she said happily, welcoming herself into my home. Before the woman could even get two steps into my lonely adjustment, I abruptly stopped her by sticking my arm out for her to unexpectedly run into.

"Look, if you're some kind of neighbor I don't really want guests.

" I said softly, avoiding looking into her hazel eyes. The woman began to giggle which left me confused.

"I thought your parents would have told you, Alexander." she told me, her giggles dying down. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I'm going to be your caretaker. Sure, they wanted you to be on your own. But your doctor said you might still be unstable to live on your own." she explained. Of course, how could I forget that everyone thinks I'm a suicidal freak that can't live on his own?

"Oh..." I mumbled, letting the I woman into my apartment. I retreated back into my room to continue unpacking my bags.

"My name is Sienna, by the way." I heard from behind me. Turning around, I could see Sienna turning around and going back into the living room.