5: Mark

I walked down the hallway, from Cordelia's room. I walked past Matthew's room, to see him, Livvy and Dru standing in it.

"We can help you change into new clothes, if you want." I heard Dru say, and Livvy giggled.

"Um, I am quite okay, actually." Matthew said uncomfortably.

I only laughed to myself, and kept walking. They were already in love with him, and he had only just got here. I walked down the hallways, that had started to become a bit more familiar to me. I was adjusting to life here, a bit better, but I still thought the Hunt often. And Kieran. I always thought about Kieran. I hoped that he wouldn't forget about me, because I knew I would never be able to forget about him.

The stars will go out before I forget you, Mark Blackthorn.

"Mark." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around, snapping out of my reverie, to see Emma. She was wearing jeans, and a black tank top. Her blonde hair was in a braid that was going down her back. She walked up to me.

"I need to talk to you." Emma said, looking around for anyone else.

"Okay." I agreed.

Emma then started walking, and I followed her. We walked into her room, and she closed the door behind us, and then took a seat on her bed.

"I need a favour." She said.

"A favour?" I felt surprised. "What is it?"

Emma closed her eyes. "I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

My eyes widened. "Why would you need that?"

"I can't tell you, but please, I need you to do this for me." She said.

"You are a beautiful girl, you don't need someone to pretend to be your boyfriend. Why not Cameron Ashdown?" I asked.

Emma was silent for moment, thinking about something. "No, it has to be you."

I thought about it. "I suppose it makes sense. Neither of us are attached to someone, and I am conveniently here."

"Yes." She said.

"You are very beautiful, I hope you do not find me too hideous." I spoke.

"No." Emma breathed. "No, you're not."

I thought about Cristina and the pain of seeing her kiss perfect Diego. I felt bitterness well up on me.

"Alright, I'll do it, but I have one question. Why lie?" I asked.

Emma closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. "Mark, what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone, okay? No one."

"I promise." I said, feeling intrigued.

Emma then told me everything. Her and Julian were in love with each other, and they had slept with each other. She told m me what Jem Carstairs had told her, and how she had to tell Julian she didn't love him.

"So I need you to be my boyfriend, to make it seem like I don't love him." Emma finished.

"But you still are." I said.

She blushed and looked away from me. "Of course I am. If you don't want to do it, I totally get it, since you like Cristina and--"

"How do you know that?" I asked immediately, blushing.

Emma gave me a look. "It's so obvious."

I blushed again. "It's fine. I'll do it, Emma."

She sighed in relief. "Thank you, Mark."