27: Cordelia

We all sat in the kitchen, the morning after us girls had all gone shopping. Everyone was talking about random things, though Mark and Cristina were quiet. I felt very bad for the both of them. I looked up, to see James staring at me. When he saw me, he quickly looked away, blushing slightly. Odd, I thought to myself. Did I have something on my face? Just then, Livvy came bounding into the room.

"I have an idea!" She exclaimed.

"What is it?" Julian asked.

"We should all go swimming in the ocean!" She said.

Emma shook her head. "I hate the ocean. I'll watch you guys, though."

"What do you guys think?" Livvy asked.

Matthew shrugged. "Alright."

"You guys actually know how to swim?" Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Jesse replied.

"What do you guys wear?" Dru asked curiously.

"Swimsuits, obviously." James said.

"Well, swimsuits today are very different." Emma grinned. "The girls can borrow mine."

"I have a few, too, if they need some." Cristina piped up, speaking for the first time, this morning.

We all ate for a bit longer, and then us girls followed Emma and Cristina to Emma's room. She dug through her closet for a bit, and then threw something at me. I held it out. It was a red bra, and an underwear. That was it.

"I thought we were going swimming?" I asked, confused.

"We are. That's a swimsuit." Emma said.

My eyes widened. "This is much too revealing. These are undergarments!"

Cristina chuckled. "Nope. It's called a bikini."

Anna was grinning. "I love it! You all wear such nice things here."

Emma laughed, and passed had a black one to Anna, and gave Lucie a blue one. Lucie looked as horrified as me.

"I cannot wear this." Lucie said.

"You have to. I have nothing else." Emma said.

"Me neither." Cristina added.

I only sighed, and reluctantly to her bathroom and changed into the "bikini". When I walked out, I felt very naked and exposed.

"You look hot." Emma grinned.

I chuckled, and blushed slightly. The rest of the girls got changed. Cristina wore a yellow bikini, and Emma wore a black and white bikini. Anna and Lucie also changed into theirs, Lucie looking uncomfortable, and Anna smirking. Emma all gave us a towel, and we walked to the front hall to meet the boys. When we got there, my eyes widened. None of them were wearing shirts. My eyes found James, and my mouth parted. His chest was curved perfectly, seeing all the muscle and edges. His eyes were wide, also, looking at my body. I blushed fiercely, and my feeling of nakedness came back.

Cristina and Mark were staring at each other, open mouth, neither trying to hide it. I smiled to myself, they were adorable, even if they weren't seeing each other.

"Where are the kids?" Emma asked.

"They're already out there." Julian said, turning pink as he looked at Emma. Odd.

We all then walked outside, to see Livvy and Dru in the ocean, splashing each other. Tavvy was playing in the sand, making a castle. Finally, Ty was sitting under a huge umbrella, reading a book.

"Why aren't you swimming, Ty?" Jesse asked.

"I hate the sun." He replied simply, not looking up from his book.

Jesse only looked amused, but didn't say anything. Jesse had been spending a lot of time with Ty, lately. It was quite cute. James and Matthew then got into the water, and started shouting.

"It's cold!" Matthew shouted.

Anna laughed. "It's the ocean, you idiots! Of course it's going to be cold."

She then walked into the ocean, and started to splash Matthew. He started to protest loudly, and then he and Anna started wrestling. They did that, sometimes. Anna would usually win, and Matthew would get angry.

"How come you aren't yelling at them? You always yell when Matthew and I fight." James grumbled to his sister.

Lucie laughed. "That's because you two do it all the time."

James only looked annoyed, muttering things under his breath. Lucie then ran into the ocean, and started splashing him. James swore loudly, and picked up Lucie and threw her over his back.

"Jamie! Put me down!" Lucie protested, punching his back.

James laughed. "My pleasure."

He then threw her in the water. When she came back up, she looked furious.

"I'll get you back for that!" She shouted.

They then started to wrestle each other, just like Matthew and Anna. I only laughed, and I felt someone sidle up next to me.

"Their relationship is cute." Emma said, gesturing to James and Lucie.

I smiled. "It is. I've always been a bit jealous of them."

Emma only smiled. She then took my hand, and pulled me into the ocean with her.

"I thought you didn't like the water?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I'll only go in a bit, not much."

I walked in past her, to where James and Lucie had finally finished fighting. I then felt someone splash me from behind. I whipped around, and then I was splashed again, this time in the face. I rubbed the water off my face, and opened my eyes. James was laughing at me.

"Don't do that!" I exclaimed.

"Make me." He smirked.

I then splashed him, and he swore. I started laughing, and swam away from him. I ran onto the beach, but I felt a hand on wrist. James spun me around, and we were centimetres apart.

"Got you." James smirked.

I only laughed, and shook my head at him. James stared down at me, his golden eyes bright. His hand was still on my wrist, and it was burning from his touch. I looked up at him, and suddenly we were both leaning in.

"James! Get back in here!" Matthew shouted.

We both sprang apart, and I blushed.

"Hell, Matthew." James muttered quietly, looking annoyed. I wasn't sure why.

James then walked away from me, and I was left there, stunned. We had almost kissed. By the angel, I had almost kissed James. The words replayed over and over in my head, and I only stood there. I then smiled to myself, and went back in the ocean. James might like you, I thought to myself. And I hoped he did.