24: Matthew

"You and James are hilarious." Livvy laughed.

I chuckled, and rolled my eyes, amused. Livvy, Dru, and I all sat in the living room of the Institute. I had nothing else to do, since I was not speaking to Cordelia or James, and everyone else seemed to be doing their own thing. My last resort was to socialize with preteen girls. Though, I was sure that Livvy was fifteen, so at least she was a bit older.

"Do you want a girlfriend?" Dru asked me, curiously.

I shrugged. "Not really. I could have one, if I wanted I guess, but I just haven't had one."

"Has James had one?" Livvy asked.

I nodded. "Grace Blackthorn. Jesse's sister."

Dru squealed. "A Blackthorn girl?! I wish I could have met her!"

I laughed, and shook my head. "Trust me, you are lucky that you have not. She is absolutely dreadful."

"Then why did James date her?" Livvy asked.

"I asked myself that question everyday, when they were seeing each other. Grace is very beautiful, but that it is. I suppose that she wasn't as dreadful to Jamie, than she is to everyone else."

"Is James over her?" Dru asked.

"Yes, and no. It is hard to explain." I stated.

"Your mom's the Consul, right? What's that like?" Livvy asked.

"It is okay, I guess. She is mostly in Idris, along with my brother and father, so I usually live in the London Institute with James. His parents run it." I explained.

"Is your brother as handsome as you?" Dru giggled, blushed.

"Dru!" Livvy exclaimed, and Dru only giggled again.

I laughed. "Not in the slightest."

"Do you look alike?" Dru asked.

I shook my head. "He has red hair, and green eyes. We look nothing alike, thank the angel."

"Why don't you like him?" Livvy inquired.

"You two sure ask a lot of questions, don't you?" I remarked, amused.

Dru shrugged. "We're bored."

"He is too stiff and no fun. He never breaks the rules. Ever. And that drives me mad. He's obsessed with becoming the next Consul after our mother." I rolled my eyes, annoyedly.

"Well, James replaces him, then." Livvy said.

"I suppose he does." I smiled slightly. "What about you two? Tell me about you both."

"I'm thirteen." Dru started. "I love love love horror movies! and--"

"What is a horror movie?" I asked, feeling confused.

Her blue eyes filled with excitement, and she leaped up. She then ran out of the living room, and returned a few seconds later, with three skinny box like things in her hand.

"These are horror movies. These are called DVDS. They have movies on them, and you can play them in a DVD player." Dru explained.

"The Ring?" I echoed, reading one of the DVDS. "What is that?"

"Let's watch it!" She exclaimed happily.

"Dru, you know that this one scares me." Livvy frowned.

"Oh calm down, Livvy, it's all fake." Dru said as she quickly turned on the movie.

She then took a seat on the couch between Livvy and I, and the movie started playing on the "TV" as they called it. The movie was terrifying, though I would never admit it. There was this girl dressed in all white, with long black hair covering her face, and she went around killing people.

"I do not like this." I said, scooting closer to Dru. "Thank the angel that we do not have these in 1903."

"Are you scared?" Dru giggled.

"No." I defended. "I just find it very disturbing."

Livvy chuckled. "Sure you do."

James suddenly then came running into the room, not even noticing the movie we were watching.

"Matthew, I need to speak to you." He said.

"No, I m not speaking to you." I said dramatically.

He sighed. "Please, it's really important."

I sighed. "Fine. Let's go. Livvy, Dru, thank you for the company."

Livvy smiled and Dru giggled. I followed James out of the living room. We walked down the hallways and into James' room. I sprawled myself out on his bed, as he paced back and forth.

"So, what did you desperately need to tell me?" I asked.

Jame only kept pacing, thinking to himself.

"You're creating a draft." I mused.

"I fancy someone." James said suddenly.

I sighed. "If it's Grace, then--"

"It's not her." He replied.

I sat up, very interested. "Who is it then?"

He didn't say anything, only kept pacing.

"Is is Emma?" I questioned.

"What? No, of course not." James said, stopping pacing.

I thought about it for a moment. It wasn't Grace, and it wasn't Emma, so who else could it be? It wasn't Anna, because they were cousins. Livvy and Dru were much too young, and I didn't think it was Cristina. That only left one person.

"You fancy Cordelia!" I exclaimed then.

"Shut up! She could be walking by." James hissed.

"So it is her! Oh Jamie, I cannot believe it." I grinned. "Since when?"

"I think since that night we went to the club." He said, blushing slightly.

"I am quite happy for you." I grinned. "You'll have no problem getting her to fancy you back. She probably already does."

"Do you really think so?" James asked, looking surprised.

"Well why wouldn't she? You're a Herondale, as your father always says." I chuckled.

James laughed, and shook his head. "What about you? Do you fancy anyone?"

I then got an idea, and grinned to myself.

"Well, if you must know, I think I fancy Lucie." I said seriously.

The smile on his face immediately disappeared, and his head snapped towards me.

"What?" James asked.

"I know, it is unfortunate, since she is already seeing Jesse." I sighed sadly.

"You fancy Lucie?" He echoed.

"Yes, I do." I said. "We have kissed."

He turned red, and James glared at me fiercely. I tried not to laugh.

"She was still seeing Jesse at the time, and we decided to keep it a secret." I went on. "It was quite scandalous."

"YOU KISSED MY SISTER?!" James bellowed.

"Yes, I have." I smiled. "And might I say, that she is a very good kisser--"

All of the sudden, I was on the floor, and James was tackling me. I laughed, and tried to push him off me.

"How could you do that to Jesse?!" James exclaimed.

I laughed. "By the angel, I'm joking! Calm down."

James got off me, and I stood up. He glared at me.

"You're a real idiot, you know." He glared, annoyed.

I laughed gleefully. "You love me, Jamie."

He sighed. "Sadly, I do."

I only laughed, and shook my head.