14: Emma

We reached the Downworlder club, only fifteen minutes after we left the Institute. All the Londoners were astounded by the speed of the cab, and I had only laughed. It was weird to think that the world was anything other than it was today. I can't even imagine living in the time period, they do, I thought to myself.

"Emma?" Cristina snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I asked if you wanted a drink?" She said.

We were all standing at the bar, where a girl werewolf was serving drinks. She was smirking at Julian, looking flirty, and I resisted the urge to punch her in the face. When I had walked up to all the boys in the front hall, I had caught Julian staring at me, mouth hanging open. I had grinned, happy that he thought I looked nice. All the Londoners had cringed at the loud music when had walked in, except for James and Matthew, they had only grinned. Something told me that they were used to stuff like this.

"Yeah sure." I replied, finally.

She all ordered us shots, and I passed one to Lucie. She sniffed it.

"Is this alcohol? I don't--" She started.

James cut her off. "Oh stop being no fun, Lucie, just drink it."

Lucie narrowed her eyes at her brother. "Well, I'm not the one who drinks alcohol everyday."

James rolled his eyes. "I don't drink it everyday, you sound like mother."

Lucie looked annoyed. "Well, I--"

"Oh just drink it, Luce." Cordelia interjected.

Lucie only sighed, and took the shot, squeezing her pale blue eyes shut. I only chuckled, and looked over at Julian. He was trying to get Mark to take the shot.

"That stuff is disgusting, thank the lord they didn't have it in Faerie." Mark spoke seriously.

Cristina laughed, and teasingly hit him on the shoulder. "C'mon Mark, for me?" She batted her eyes.

Mark's eyes softened at her voice, and sighed heavily. He then grabbed the shot from Julian, and downed it.

"Ugh, that tastes like poison, like that coffee drink you all tried to give me." Mark said disgustedly.

Cristina only laughed, and pecked him on the lips, causing Mark to turn pink. How I wished Julian and I could be like that. Free to be with each other, not having to hide anything. I looked over at Julian, to see that he was staring at me, longingly. I knew he was thinking the same thing as me, the way I always knew. I quickly looked away from him, and started to talk to Lucie. A few minutes later, us girls decided to go dancing. Cristina and I pulled, Cordelia, Lucie, and Anna onto the danced look. The three of them stood there, awkwardly, and I laughed.

"Just let go!" I shouted through the music.

They then begrudgingly started to move to the beat of the music. A few minutes later, they were dancing as well as Cristina and I. We all danced for awhile, and then we all decided to go find the boys. I was about to follow them, when suddenly someone was blocking my path. Julian. He smiled down at me, and I gazed up at him.

"You look beautiful, Em." He said, putting his hand on my cheek.

I blushed and grinned at him. We stared at each other like that for a few seconds, and I felt my stomach start to knot. Julian stared at my lips, and I started to feel very hot. Without any notice, Julian then grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowds of people. He pulled me down a deserted hallway, and then, his lips were pressed to mine. I made surprised sound, but happily kissed him back. I held Julian tightly, and he did the same.

Then suddenly, my back was pressed against the wall, Julian right against me. He kissed me fiercely, and I made a sound. He trailed his lips down to my neck, and kissed me there, and I gasped in pleasure. I pulled on his brown hair, and Julian came back up and kissed me.

"I love you, Emma. So much." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you, too." I whispered, kissing him harder.

After a few more minutes we both pulled away from each other, and caught out breath. We started laughing, and I blushed. We then went to go find everyone else. I spotted Mark and Cristina kissing each other on the dance floor, and I grinned. Matthew, Lucie, Jesse, and Anna, were all sitting at the bar, laughing. I had no idea where Diego was. Julian and I walked up to them.

"Where's Cordelia and James?" I asked.

Matthew smirked, and pointed behind me. I followed how direction, and spotted the two of them. They were dancing together, Cordelia laughing, and James grinning at her. I smiled, they were cute together, and I thought that Cordelia liked James. I faced everyone else again, and chuckled.

"Are they both drunk?" Julian chuckled.

"Probably." Anna laughed.

"James isn't. It takes a lot more than that to make him drunk. He's out there because he wants to be." Matthew smirked, knowing something we didn't.

Lucie then suddenly grabbed Jesse's hand, and pulled him toward the dance floor. He made a surprised sound, but went along with her.

"Well, we're all the only lame ones." Julian said, amused.

But now there was only three of us. Anna was missing. I searched around for her, until I spotted her, flirting with a pretty brown haired girl, flashing her a charming smile. I laughed.

"She always does that." Matthew spoke casually. "She gets it from her mother. Or at least, that's what uncle Will tells me."

Julian and I chuckled.

"Are you dating anyone?" I asked him.

Matthew shook his head. "I am not."

My eyes widened. "Really? But you're so hot."

Matthew laughed, and Julian looked a bit jealous. I only shrugged, if you were hot, you were hot, there was no point of denying it.

"I am flattered, Miss Carstairs." Matthew grinned gleefully. "You are also quite beautiful, yourself."

I only blushed slightly, and laughed. I could see why Livvy and Dru liked him so much, he was very charming.