12: Lucie

That evening, we all sat in the living room of the Institute. I sat beside Cordelia and Jesse, laughing with Jesse. Everyone sat, except for my father. I wasn't actually sure where was he was, though I thought that he was taking a nap. It was very strange seeing my father as seventeen year old boy. He and James looked even more alike, this way.

"Lucie, where is your father?" Livvy asked, trying to hide her grin.

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "He's sleeping."

Her and Dru giggled. "I'm sorry, he's just so attractive."

"Hey, what about me?" Matthew interjected.

The two girls laughed. "You are too, don't worry."

Matthew grinned at them, and winked teasingly, and they both blushed bright red. I looked across from me, to where Mark and Cristina were sitting. I noticed that they were sitting very close, even though there was a lot of space on the couch. Odd, I thought.

"When will I be able to meet the Fairchild girl? I very much would like to." Matthew asked.

"Soon, I'll call her tomorrow." Emma said.

"I bet you she looks just like me." Matthew smiled smugly.

Julian and Emma shared a grin, and then looked back at Matthew doubtfully.

"What is her name, again?" He asked.

"Clary." Julian replied. "Short for Clarissa."

"Clary." Matthew echoed. "Pretty name."

"What is the Lightwood girl's name?" Anna piped up.

"Isabelle." Julian replied.

"She was Jules' first crush." Emma teased.

He blushed. "Well, Jace Herondale was Emma's first crush. She was in love with him."

"Hey, wait till you see him. Then you'll know what I'm talking about." She said to all of us, and we all laughed.

"And they're all famous, you said?" James asked.

Cristina nodded. "Very. They saved the world about three times."

"Wow." James said, sounding a bit amazed.

"I actually think that Isabelle looks like Anna." Dru piped up.

"She does." Livvy agreed. "The same face structure."

Anna smiled slightly, and I studied her. Anna was very pretty, with all of her parents good looks. Aunt Cecily was very beautiful and Anna mainly took after her, the only exception was uncle Gabriel's bright green eyes. Mother said that when they were younger, aunt Cecily and father looked even more alike than they did now.

Just then, we all heard the Institute doorbell ring. Emma and Julian shared a knowing grin, and Emma got up to go answer it. She returned a few seconds later with two people, and when I saw who they were, my mother fell open. It was my mother and uncle Jem. Uncle Jem was wearing what they called "Jeans" and a black sweater. Be was looking at all of us, shocked. My mother was wearing jeans, as well, and a brown jacket. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth was to the floor. She raced over to me, and I stood up. She hugged me right.

"Oh Lucie, my baby Lucie, my little girl." She said into my hair.

My mother then pulled away from me, tears in her eyes. She then saw James, and she did the whole thing all over again. James looked a little uncomfortable, but hugged our mother tightly.

"Oh Matthew! I've forgotten how handsome you were!" My mother grinned, a tear running down her cheek, embracing.

My mother made her way around to everyone. She had exclaimed how much she had forgotten about how much Anna looked like her mother, and had hugged Cordelia and Jesse tightly. Very tightly. Uncle Jem then made his way around, greeting Cordelia a bit longer than everyone else.

"I couldn't believe it when Emma told me." My mother said, after her and uncle Jem had finally sat down."But then I remembered this happening."

"Have you met the other Herondale, mother?" I asked.

She smiled. "Yes, he's just like how your father was."

"And the Fairchild girl. She looks just like me, right?" Matthew said.

My mother and uncle Jem started laughing, giving each other a look. Matthew only looked confused. Suddenly, a voice rang out from behind us.

"Bloody hell, did I fall asleep? Why did no one wake me?" My father said, walking towards us.

My mother's face went very pale as she registered who's that voice that belonged to.

"It can't be." She whispered, frozen.

She then slowly got up, and turned around. My father stopped walking when he saw her, and it seemed as if my mother couldn't breathe. After a few minutes, and launched herself at him, embracing him tightly.

"Will." She cried, probably sobbing. "Oh Will, I've missed you so much."

My father hugged her back, looking wide eyed. When they pulled away, my mother stared at him.

"How are you so young?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Christopher told me that it might happen."

"You're seventeen." My mother whispered. "Like when I met you."

My father was about to say something, when he froze up. He went horribly pale, and was looking at something behind my mother. She smiled knowingly, and stepped to the side. There stood uncle Jem, looking at my father with tears in his eyes.

"James?" My father whispered, tears in his own eyes.

"William." Uncle Jem said softly.

They only stared at each other for a moment, and then moved slowly to hug each other. They clung to each other, tightly, and my heart warmed at the sight of them. After about a minute, my mother went and joined them, and they put their arms around her. They all hugged, my mother crying. You could practically feel the love radiating off of them. The love they all had for one another was so great, and I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life.

I looked over at everyone else. Emma and Cristina had tears in their eyes, smiling happily at the three of them. I smiled at them again, and then they all let go of each other. They all smiled at each other, with nothing but love in their eyes. I suddenly felt honoured to have seen such a thing. Such love and pain, and happiness all at once.

I hoped to find love like that, and hoped that it would be in Jesse.