6

2+ Comments/Votes for the next part, don't be a ghost reader! :)

Magnus watched Adelaide shut the door and lock it with a frown gracing his features.

He knew being near them would hurt her emotionally, and perhaps physically. He could only hope that Isabelle had gone back to the institute.

Magnus felt his wards shiver and he knew they had arrived.

Clary and Simon were struggling to lift Luke, the werewolf being much bigger than the two of them.

'What happened?' Magnus asked as he guided them inside.

'He was attacked. He needs a warlock, he needs you.' The panic in Clary's voice was obvious, and Magnus knew she would do anything to help him.

'Put him here.' The two teenagers dropped Luke onto the couch Adelaide had been occupying not five minutes before.

Magnus listened to Clary try to pull Luke out of his delusions, but he was slipping fast.

'What he bitten by an alpha?' The urgency in Magnus' tone made Clary look up.

'Yeah, why?'

'Three, two one...'

'Oh my god!' Clary exclaimed as Luke jolted up, eyes flashing.

'Where do you think your going?' Simon questioned as Magnus walked away.

'Hold him down, we don't have much time.'

Magnus hurried out of the room, his hands searching through his cabinets until they found what he was looking for, placing it in Luke's mouth, and forcing his jaw shut.

'It'll take a few moments to take effect.' Even as Magnus spoke the werewolf was calming down.

'What's happening to him?'

'Random werewolf transformation, it's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite.'

Magnus left the room and began gathering everything he needed. As he passed Adelaide's room he stopped, deciding to check on her before getting back to the other two teenagers.

'Sunshine? Are you okay?

Adelaide's face appeared in the doorway. 'Magnus? What's going on- whose-'

Magnus cut her off. 'Alpha bite, not easy to fix, but not impossible. As of right now it's just Clary Fairchild and her mundane friend here, but I suspect some of the others wont be too far away.'

Adelaide nodded. She hated feeling useless.

Adelaide seemed to be feeling useless a lot lately. She'd spent the better part of a year running and hiding from anything that connected her to her old life, and she was growing tired of it. She missed her family, and even though she had no intention of ever seeing any of them again, she knew she would do whatever possible to help them, no matter the personal risk or cost. She'd give up her life for them. She almost had on more than one occasion.

'You better get back out there.' Magnus nodded at her words.

'Magnus?' Adelaide called as he made to leave.

'Yes?'

'If you need me to do anything, tell me okay?'

Magnus hesitated 'Even if it means seeing your people again?'

Adelaide nodded firmly. 'Even then.'

Yes, Adelaide knew she couldn't hide forever, but that didn't mean she was looking forward to seeing any of the people she left behind again.