Chapter 14

Uploaded on 2/04/16

"Maybe you should see a doctor?" Daniel told me as I walked into the kitchen. "You been feeling sick now for over a week."

I gave him a tight smile. "I booked an appointment for tomorrow afternoon." I sat on a stool. "The kids need a check up as well."

Daniel took his cell out his pocket when it beeped. "I would come with but I'm busy."

"I thought you had the weekend off?" I slipped off the stool to go to the window to see the girls playing in the garden. "This is meant to be family time."

Daniel gave me a peck on the cheek. "I just getting some stuff sorted for the wedding."

I crossed my arms. "We haven't picked a date yet."

My mum has been pushing me to set a date these past two weeks since I got engaged. She says it has brightened my dad up. Make him looking forward to something in the future. That alone I couldn't tell Daniel I was not ready to get married. Not with the look of love in my dad eyes.

My family looks like they are so happy for me. I couldn't break their heart due to my own insecurities.

What must I do. Dump Daniel and run away with the twins.

"I think we should aim for a quick and quiet wedding. Something at the end of next month?" Daniel carried on oblivious to my day dreaming.

"Why the rush?" I waved at the girls from the window. "Don't you want your family to attend from England?"

He shook his head. "They are happy for us. We can get married. I already feel married to you."  He drew me into his arms hugging me. "You know I love you. Right Hanna?" I nodded. "Your sisters husbands asked me the other day to sign a pre-nup." He gave a short laugh.

"Why would they do that?" I had no idea that they would do something like that.

"They kept going on about how you're their little sister. And I should sign this. As if I love you it be in your best interests. What I am concerned with Hanna. It says what we earn is kept separate." Daniel caressed the side of my face looking at me gently. "You're not working now. If worst comes to the worst. How must I provide for you and the kids if we can't share anything?"

I used over what he said. He does have a point.

"What would you like me to do?" I smiled at him. I don't know much legal stuff.

"I think you should just encourage them that we are in it together. You never asked me to sign anything. I never asked you to sign anything. Let's just keep things just as they are." He kissed my cheek. "I like the improvement in your dress. Looking beautiful."

I blushed at his comment. "I will let them know. Natasha never signed anything when she married them."

"Hmmm..." Daniel hummed to busy texting on his phone. "I got to go out with some boys at work."

"It's good that you are making friends." I opened the door. Calling for the girls to come back in. "Who you going out with?"

"The bosses. Justin and Jackson." He grinned.

My heart stopped in my chest. "Why?"

"Cause I am the number one employee. And since they know you they might be sending me on a contract to New York to oversee a construction project." Daniel beamed.

"New York?" I tried to make my face look passive. "But that is hours away."

"If I get it. I will need to stay there for a couple of months. That is why I think we should get married before hand." Daniel explained.