Chapter 35

Uploaded on 22-08-16

"Is everything alright?" Andrea asked as I walked into Natasha house with Justin and Jackson either side of me. Fawning over my every move.

I gave her a tight smile as I carefully sat down on the sofa. "It was a false alarm. The midwife said this could happen as I get closer to my due date."

Andrea leaned me forward to place a pillow behind my back. "What other tips did they give you?"

I gave Justin a hard look when he tried to feed me a glass of water like I couldn't place the glass up to my lips myself.

"Just not to get myself too worked up. Hence why I felt contractions. Or thought I did." I told her snatching the glass out his hands to take a sip of the nice cold drink myself.

"What was you doing when you felt...?" Andrea touched my baby bump feeling the baby move inside me.

I felt heat rush to my face. "I thought there was a fire." I gave the men a side look. "It was a false alarm."

Andrea didn't say anything more on subject instead continuing to rub my belly. "The girls are going to be upset that you haven't brought the baby home yet. They were looking forward to meeting this little man."

Jackson sat down on the chair next to me. "It could be another little girl." He took my hand nearest me in his lap his thump making small circles on my skin.

Tilting my head to the side I couldn't hear any noise throughout the house. "Speaking of children where the girls are?"

Andrea pointed over to Justin. "Don't just stand there get the girl some food. She been at the hospital all night." She looked over at me. "She has gone with the kids to Louise house. So they all can have a play date for a couple of hours. Max drive her there. They should be back soon."

I began to feel lethargy so I put my head on Jackson shoulder. Spending the whole night in the hospital was very draining. The twins thought I was in labour they were excited at the prospects of seeing the birth.

I felt tingling in my stomach, recognising the need to use the bathroom I stood up. Jackson stood up a moment after me a concerned look on his face.

I held up my hand to him to stop his progress in following me to the bathroom. "I can use the bathroom alone."

I walked out the room seeing Justin heading towards me with a plate that housed omelettes on it. I was torn between staying and stuffing my face to using the toilet.

The hesitation almost cost me a wet knickers. With a final glance at the plate I walked to the bathroom in the corridor. I opened the door to find a puddle on the floor. The kids must have used this bathroom earlier.

I pulled a face closing the door walking down the corridor to Marcus bedroom to use his ensuite. I opened his door slowly just in case someone was inside. Noticing it was empty, I walked in to use his toilet. I flushed it, then washed my hands.

I looked in the mirror seeing my tired face looking back at me. I can't believe how far I have come. How my life have changed in the past year since moving back home.

I lost my mother, my fiancée, gained a baby and weight. I looked at myself in the mirror again noticing the tiredness, however in my eyes were a sparkle that there wasn't before.

It was there because I was happy. Happy with the life that I was leading now. When I was with Daniel I couldn't be who the person I was now. I was doing things to make him happy. Not myself or the girls.

"Brother don't do this."

I froze hearing talk in the bedroom. I opened the door slightly to make my presence known when I saw Max come into view holding a duffel bag.