Turn Around

wow i have like zero inspriation this is so pathetic and i really am sorry 

i hate this story

----

A minute later, I lifted my head above the dashboard just to see the door closing behind Liam and Brenda.

“Fuck you, Brooke,” Cort hissed, rubbing the back of his neck. When he said that he saw Liam, I overreacted and pushed him down. My actions hadn’t exactly thought out well and I didn’t know why I didn’t want him to see us, but it made sense. Or it did in the moment at least.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered, crawling back into the upholstered seat. “I didn’t really think this moment through.”

“Maybe you should’ve done that on the day long trek out here,” Cort retorted, turning his car back on. After a moment of tense silence, Cort sighed. “So what now? You get them to come home or…”

“I think I’m gonna go there. Ring the bell or something,” I replied. Cort gave me a bewildered look, and I decided to explain myself. “I have to bring him home Cort. And I have two more days to do it.” Cort continued to stare at me disbelievingly. Then, after clearing his throat, he once again turned off his car and motioned towards the house.

“Scream if you need help,” he said teasingly, even though he was only half-kidding.

Gulping, I popped the door open and pressed my Vans into the dry grass. Cautiously approaching the house I hoped that everything would go smoothly. The walkway was plain cement was weeds in-between the lines and as I got closer I noticed that the railings were dusty, just like the front door. Sucking in a huge breath, I pressed the bell which was illuminated. The generic chime rang in my ears for the two minutes it took for someone to finally open the door.

She was beautiful and black-haired and didn’t look a day over 30. It was obvious she was Liam’s mom as she was the one who opened the door, but I would’ve been able to realize that if I ran into her on the street because of her eyes. They were the same startling gray as Liam’s; so smoky and intriguing that I couldn’t blame Jeff for falling for her. I also couldn’t blame the guy that she had an affair with – the woman was irresistible.

“May I help you?” she asked, her voice sultry and intimidating. I was actually so overpowered by her presence that I needed a second to snap back to reality.  

“Uhm… I’m Brooklyn,” I finally mustered up the courage to say, my eyes flicking around her face as I desperately tried to avoid her eyes. Liam’s mom replied with a smirk that made me assume that she knew who I was.

“Liam mentioned you,” she began, and my hopes soared. He told her about me? “And sweetheart all I have to say is turn around and go home. You seem like a precious girl and all but it’s not worth it. Just forget anything every happened and tell Jeff that I’ll talk about the kids whenever he wants. But they’re staying here and that’s final.

I didn’t even get to respond before the door was slammed on my face.