Confessions

updating because i'm just that cool. had some extra time because i banned myself from tumblr. looking at pictures of one direction is to emotionally draining for me. i'm obsessed. i cried watching one thing the other day. i need help. ):

enjooooy <3 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“MOM! I can’t find my straightener!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Jeff’s house was about three times as big as our old one, so I really had to adjust my volume so that my mom would hear me. She stumbled into the master bathroom, still looking half asleep.

“We didn’t get a chance to unpack those boxes yet. Can’t you pull your hair up for once in your life?”

“Not on the day before spring vacation,” I replied, sticking my hand out to give her that whole ‘duh’ effect.

“You’re room. It’s the in the smallest one,” she muttered reluctantly, pushing me aside as she reached for her tooth brush. I happily skipped back into my room. I loved my new room with everything I had in me. It was so much bigger then my old room, and had about twice the amount of windows so it let all the sunshine in. Using some tumblr pictures as my inspiration, I put up a collage of pictures into a heart shape. It was surrounded by white lights that I had somehow persuaded my mom into letting me hang up. The rest of my room was pretty neutral, with soft beige paint and soft polka dot curtains and bed covers. In the middle was a fuzzy circle carpet that was covered with boxes I hadn’t gotten around unpacking. I quickly located the smallest one and pulled out my flat iron, sprinting back into the bathroom.

On my way I bumped into Liam. Confrontation between us was pretty much unavoidable, and we argued every single day. Getting under his skin was by far my favorite hobby.

“Awe! Look how adorable you look Liam, with that sweater vest and the tie. Say hi to the boys at St. Mary’s for me, okay?!”

The other day I had started to wonder: why hadn’t I met Liam before? Jeff had explained to me that Liam started trouble at the public high school so they expelled him without even a second glance. With no other choice, Liam got placed in the nearest private school: St. Mary’s School for Boys. I put that kid through so much hell, constantly making fun of his cheesy uniform. It made him look like one of those polite little school boys that never did anything wrong.

“Of course, Brooklyn. Anything for my little sister,” he replied, actually sounding courteous. “I’ll also mention how your hair is a huge frizzy mess this morning, and how your smudged mascara makes you look like a panda bear.”

I smiled with clenched teeth at him, but didn’t really feel the need to smack him. I had quickly dropped that habit because this taunting was a daily thing for us, so I’d grown accustomed to it.

He swung his backpack over his shoulder, running down the stairs. As I plugged my flatiron into the outlet, I heard the door slam behind him with the customary screech of tires as he drove off to school.

“When you get ready, will you make breakfast for Brenda? We’re leaving in a few minutes, and I have to drop her off at school.”

“Mhmm,” I replied, getting to work with my hair. It actually wasn’t that bad today, aside from a few bumps that were quickly leveled out with a few strokes of the hot iron. With a few sprays of some perfume, I skimmed down the stairs, calling Brenda for breakfast. She sat down just as I finished pouring milk into a bowl of Coco Puffs.

“Eat up, we’re leaving soon,” I crooned, smoothing her hair before reaching for a banana. Just as I was about to bite into it my mom came down the stairs, shooing us out the door. I took it with me, eating on the way to school. My mom dropped me off at the corner as usual, where my friends always waited for me. I caught sight of them immediately, only because Sabrina’s red hair stuck out.