Coffee Run

cit feels like it's been forever . :o this chapter is a filler, but i wrote out all the events on this little notepad and i'm so excited muahahauhauhauha. 

okay have fun now guies.

and if you have any chapter names for this one comment below and i'll dedicate this to you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With a groan, I shifted in my bed. My eyes fluttered opened and I was greeted by the hum of luminescent lights.

"What?" I whispered under my breath, realizing that I didn't have those lights in my room. Looking around, I remembered where I was. The hospital. A nurse passed by me, flashing me an almost dirty look. I scrunched my forehead in confusion and turned.

Oh. My. God.

Liam. I had fallen asleep in his arms. Biting my lip, I blushed the slightest bit. The corners of his mouth were pulled up in a smile. An actual smile. Liam had smiled. Continuing to look him over, I had the strangest urge to just cuddle up next to him again, because it felt so nice. However, the nurse that had treated Brenda turned the corner and flagged me over.

"Hey hunny, we notified your parents. They'll be here at 9:30. If you want you can leave and go grab some breakfast – Brenda is totally safe."

"What time is it now?" I asked, nodding at the rest of her statement. She quickly checked a clock that was mounted up on the wall. Hadn't noticed that one.

"It's almost 7 and the hospital cafeteria is open if you don't want to leave," she informed me with a sticky smile. Her gaze shifted to Liam, who was starting to toss his head.

"I think he misses you," she teased, about to walk off. I stared back at her with a dumb-founded stare, thinking what she said over.

"He's my brother..." I mumbled quietly, not wanting to believe my own words. My own feelings were contradicting themselves, and the words came out almost as a realization and not an appalled, definite sentence even though I didn't want them to.

Without as much as a bye, she flashed me an odd look and walked off. Watching her, I noticed she shook her head multiple times before turning into a room. Sighing, I shuffled over to Liam and crouched down. Biting my lip, I debated whether or not I should wake him up.

"Oh whatever," I muttered to myself, poking him on the cheek. Sniffling, I watched him shake his head before he rubbed his eyes.

"Rachel, what the heck?" he groaned, making me freeze. Rachel? Why on earth would he be calling Rachel? Just the thought of him waking up next to Rachel creeped me out, and I shook my head as I tried to get rid of the mental imagine that I had conjured.

"Brooklyn?"

Paying close attention to his expression, I watched as his confused face suddenly turned solemn, distressed, and angry. He took out his phone, furiously running his fingers over the keypad and then looked back up at me.

"Well?" he asked in a rude tone, staring at me as if I was supposed to say something.

"I thought everything was okay between us," I faltered, my voice breaking. He couldn't go back to his old ways. It wasn't worth it. The fighting, the rude comments – they were just a silly waste of time. Or maybe I would just miss the new Liam I had gotten attached to in those few minutes.

His face softened and he shook his head.

"I don't know what's up with me anymore..." he sighed, leaning his head back. The picture reminded me of when we were driving to the banquet. He looked tired and just done. "I found out yesterday Rachel had someone else. Brenda almost died. I just needed to take my anger out on someone."