Chapter 21??

Sorry for the long wait! Thank you all for being patient with me. I'm the worst kind of wattpad writer. xD

Comment and vote if you enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I could even process what I had just heard, I was in Liam's arms and then getting pushed under his bed. 

"Mom, it's just me!" Liam called, walking towards the door. Before he reached it though, I heard the door fly open. It hit the wall with a loud, angry crash. In order trying to pervent a whimper from escaping, I clenched my teeth on my hand. A lone tear trickled down my cheek and I didn't know if it was from how tightly I was biting down on my hand or if it had to do with the lady threatning to shoot me at any given second.

"I heard her, Liam! Don't lie to me!" she hissed, turning the lights on to the room. As the lights came on, I curled into an even tighter ball. She was going to see me; there was no way I could stay hidden now. 

"Mom, calm down! Everything's okay!" Liam said desperately,  standing over the foot of his bed. I knew this was a vain attempt to block my body. A million different scenarios were whirling through my head. What if i calmly stepped out and told her the entire story? Or I could just say something now so she wasn't startled when I crawled out. 

Then again, if she knew it was me and still had a gun, that couldn't be safe. 

"Where is she, Liam? I told her to leave you alone. Why isn't she listening?" 

His mother's voice was unwavering and emotionless. It sent chills down my spine and punched my stomach with each word. I never got anxiety attacks, but I was pretty positive I was in the middle of one now. 

"Please stop, Mom," Liam begged. His sudden change of voice was so scary to me. I had never heard him so desperate; even when Brenda was in the hosptial. "You're going to wake up Brenda and she's going to be so scared when she sees the gun. Please put it down."

My heartbeat escalated as I thought of anything remotely bad happening to Brenda. Then, my heart completely stopped as I heard Liam's mom speak again:

"She's under the bed isn't she?"

No matter how hard I bit on my hand, it wasn't going to stop the wail that came from me next. I was going to die. This was it. All I had wanted was to bring Brenda and Liam home and this is what it was going to cost me. 

"Please don't shoot," Liam said calmly, obviously afraid to agitate his mom. I watched as he bent down and reached out a hand which I eagerly grabbed. His rough palms felt so familar and I felt a little safer now that I was in contact with him. 

I slowly stood up. My entire body felt like gelatin and I felt so sick I actually thought I might pass out. As I finally saw Liam's mom and locked eyes with the woman pointing a gun at me, I fell back a few steps. Liam grabbed onto my waist before I could actually fall and pulled me into his chest. 

"Why the fuck are you here? I fucking told you to leave earlier. Does anyone in your family know anything of respect?!" she spat, taking a few more steps towards me. 

I wailed again, digging my claws into Liam's arms. 

"I-I just wanted to bring Liam home," I explained through my sobs. "I didn't want to hurt anyone."

"Well didn't you think about how it would hurt me? Taking my children from me again?!" Her eyes spoke more fury then any of her words and I was too scared to even look into them. I heard the gun cock and tensed up, preparing for whatever was going to happen.

"You left us mom!" Liam hissed, pushing me away from his chest and around to his back. "I came here because things got bad at home! Now put down the fucking gun!" 

"Liam..."  a small voice called, scaring us all. It scared Liam's mom the most though, because only a split second later the gun went off. 

I screamed. 

------------------------------------------------

cliffhanger!!!!!!!! comment below what you thinks happens next!