Chapter 5

You have an instant message from: PATRICK

Patrick: Uh, Vicky... Why did Pete assume we're going out together?

Vicky: We ARE going out together.

Patrick: No, no. Like, why did Pete assume we're dating?

Vicky: Maybe because we looked all lovey-dovey during the prom. You're just the cutest little thing, Patrick. I just had to ask you out and danced with you.

Patrick: If I remember correctly, you pulled me out of my chair and said 'Shut up and dance with me.' You quoted from... what's that band's name again? Walking Moon?

Vicky: It's 'Walk The Moon', Patrick. And come on, I'd honestly date you.

Patrick: Uh, Vicky...?

Vicky: Why do you think I kissed you?? You're so adorable.

Patrick: Uh... I thought you were just drunk.

Vicky: I wasn't exactly subtle back there, you know. You honestly had no idea?

Vicky: I can imagine you blushing right now.

Patrick: Cut it out, Vicky.

Vicky: Look, I genuinely like you, Patrick. You're sweet, you're absolutely adorable, you're really talented. I'd totally date you.

Patrick: OH. Uhm. Thank you...? But... I can't--

Vicky: Yeah, I know. You're already married to Wentz.

Patrick: Yea-- what?!

Vicky: Nothing.

Patrick: I-I am not married to Pete.

Vicky: Then Wentz probably didn't get the memo because wherever you are, he's there. He clings to you like a monkey.

Patrick: Pete's always like that ever since we were kids. It's normal. I think...

Vicky: Uh huh. So that's why he's been glaring daggers at me the whole night I was with you at the prom because he's not possessive of his husband?

Patrick: He did what? Maybe it's someone else!

Vicky: Yeah. Right. Anyway, how is he doing? After... you know. With Jeanae?

Patrick: Well, when we met at the café earlier, he didn't look so good. It's like he hasn't slept for days. He didn't exactly tell me what caused their break up. He just said it was their differences. It was odd because the day before the prom, they were doing so well. I wonder what happened? I didn't push the issue because I don't think it would be a good idea when the break up was just recent.

Vicky: That's where you come in, huh? The source of comfort.

Vicky: Why won't Pete just legally marry you already?

Patrick: VICKY.

Vicky: Okay, okay I'm just joking. Not really.

Vicky: I gotta go. We still good on Saturday?

Patrick: Yeah, see you.

Vicky: *blows kiss* Good night, Pattycakes <3

Patrick: HOW DID YOU--DID PETE--

Vicky has logged off

Patrick: Ugh.