Chapter 2

When I finally wake up from the trance, I am dressed in red and black servant clothes, and in a black room. Within an instant Maven is in front of me smiling. He has a wicked look in his eyes, and then his wicked look is gone, and his smile is normal.

"So today, Walsh, over there," he says pointing at another servant, "Will be teaching you what to do, and then later on tomorrow, you will be waiting for the Queenstrial. Got it?"

"Um, sure. But how did I become clean, because the last time I looked in the mirror I was a dirty girl with her hair down, and ripped jeans, and a baggy long sleeved shirt." I look Maven in the eye, and notice that instead of turning red, his cheeks turn silver. 'Huh must be a silver thing,' I thought.

"Ummm. That doesn't matter, what matters is that you will be a servant without the queen knowing that you will soon be Cal or my princess. Until then Lady Mareena Titanos, or for right now, Servant Mare."

"That was weird." I whisper to myself as the other servant Walsh walks forward after Maven leaves. She smiles, and signals me to follow her. We walk up a dark hallway, and then into the Diamond Castle. 'Wow this is even better than I imagined.'

"Don't get cocky Mare. The queen is watching you closely." Walsh's voice pierces my thoughts.

"What do you mean?" I ask her giving, her a weird look because I have no idea what she is talking about.

She lowers her voice, "Queen Elara has her ways.." And with that she is walking me through what I am supposed to do if I see the King or Queen and that I am not supposed to talk to them unless they ask me to. Also, that I have to wait tables for the high arches that are here already, just waiting and doing last preparations for tomorrow.

After about four hours I am ready to go learn how to wait tables, and where to fill glasses up, and all of that fun stuff. Great.

Walsh walks me to where I am supposed to go to wait tables, and shows me how to set the tables, which most of the tables are already set and she made sure that there were three tables left for us to set so she could show me the proper way. Then she showed me where to fill up drinks. The King and Queen had mini sinks around with filtered water for the high arches that are hidden behind flowers.

As the day passes by it is already night and us servants are to go to bed, though I am nagged from my bed quarters by Maven who takes me to his room. Awkward? Yes very. I mean he is handsome and tall- but no Mare you can't think like that he is one of them- but oh my gosh he is toned and he definitely has a six pack under that shirt- Mare! Focus!

"Ummmm....why are we in your room?"

"Because." He smirks at me and walks over to me, grabs my hand and starts music, "If you are going to be either Cal's or my Princess then you have to know how to dance."

"I can't dance." I start to pull away from his grip on my hand, but his other hand finds the small of my back and pulls me to him. 'Oh my gosh!' my head spins.

For about three hours he teaches me different dances, we laugh and enjoy it, but then he has to sneak me back to my quarters.

"Thank you!" I whisper hugging him.

"You're welcome!" He whispers back bowing and then disappears down the hall way.

'Wow Mare that was so uncalled for! You hugged him! A prince you are not supposed to hold any physical contact with them! Ugh! So stupid! Lets' just go hug a prince why don't ya? Ugh! Now I probably have really over done it!'

I crawl into my cot and go to sleep for about 5 hours before it is time to get up and get ready to go to the Queenstrial. Great. I am so not excited for this. I mean what could go wrong? Oh I don't know you will hug the prince become a princess or even queen! A red! A red! A red as queen! What would the people say about that!? Oh yeah they will kill you! Hahah! That is so not a possibility I mean come on they will totally love you! Not!

"Mare!" Someone snaps in my face and I shake myself out of my thoughts.

"Oh right sorry sorry!" I whisper back gaining focus and go to fill up someones glass. Everyone wears puffy dresses that are sparkly and each house wears their own color. Or from what Maven told me last night...I think that is what he told me. I don't know.

As I go around and wait tables, I notice that each color is at their own table, they wear glamorous dresses, but all look cold as stone... Hmmm weird.. 

I feel if I mess up they will figure something out...I mean I don't know much really.. I haven't even talked to Cal yet...gosh he is so handsome, I mean, Maven is handsome too, but Cal....wow....

Someone waves a cup in my direction and asks me to refill it. I do as I'm told without a word. When I head back to the table. I hand the lady dressed it yellow her glass. I go back to the servant line.
As I head in line everything starts shifting. I grab onto the red curtains as I catch my fall. I stand up slowly, and lookout at the arena? A purple gaze of electricity laps over the the top. The ground still shifts under neath our feet, and one of the servants falls into the electricity and she disenagrates.
I gasp, along with all the other servants.
A young girl in a yellow dress walks out. She stands in the middle of the ring as a boulder plummets towards her. She catches it and break it into pieces. As she does people clap. She bows and waltzes out of the arena. Many other Silvers go and show what they can do. The last girl, a magnetron. She lifts medal out of the ground and starts forming it. I stand on the edge of the platform and she starts moving it out. I lose my balance and start to fall.

I scream as I fall. I seem to feel weightless as everyone watches me fall. Even the girl in the ring stops what she is doing. I roll over as the blue and white electricity comes closer. I watch as it parts when I pass through and I watch as the ground zooms closer and closer. I slam into the ground and feel light headed.

"Evagline! Kill her!" Yells the queen. She does as she is told and shoots her medal swords at me. I go to dodge them, but lightning shoots out of my hands... I fall to my side staring at my hands...

"What the heck just happened!?" I star at my hands astonished as I see Cal jump from the platform and land in front of me. He tells me to run.

I ran just like Cal told me to. I ran down dark corridors. I came to a dead end. I heard pounding footsteps behind me...