Chapter 4

"Shhhh Mare. Maven is handling Elara. Talking to her...we are going to my fathers private office. He already knows what me and Maven are up to, and needs to see what Elara did to you."

As we approach the Kings private room, Cal sets me down on a table and goes in. I barely have the strength to hold myself up. I start to lean forward and begin to fall when someone catches me. I don't know who it is because my vision spots and goes black for a moment...

When my sight returns, I'm laying on a couch with my head on Cal's lap. Shortly the King is facing over me. Asking:
"Oh my goodness Dear, are you alright. I'm so terribly sorry for how Elara acted this morning, and yesterday. It was a wrong move, and has been taken care of immediately. As for you Cal, set up down in your personal training room, a place for, Mare or Lady Titanos, to practice her new sprouting power. Thank you for telling me, and showing me what Elara caused. How foolish of me- well off you go. I have to go talk to Elara. Come see me any day Mare."

I nod slowly as Cal sits me up, and King Tiberias exits. When Tiberias exits, I start to cry continuously.
"Mare what's wrong!?"

"While Elara was in my mind, she brought back so many memories that I wanted to forget. She stayed in my head for a long time.... and then I felt a stabbing pain in my neck and then it was all gone..... Cal what did she do to me!"

"Mare listen to me." He says grabbing my shoulders and making me face him. "Please do the best you can of staying away from Elara. She is an evil pers-"

"There aren't any cameras in here. Why?"

"Mare, this isn't the time. As I was saying Elara is an evil person who wants the throne to herself. She killed my mother, Julian's sister, so she could have the throne. She cut out the tongue of the women Julian loves the most because she tried healing my mother...please just please stay away from her. Ok?"

He stares me in the eye, tears forming in his eyes. I nod slowly. My strength coming back, and take a deep breathe in.

"I'm hungry."

Cal laughs at me and shakes his head.

"You're hopeless you know that? But before we go to get food, you gotta change. Those clothes just don't fit you. Come on, I have the perfect dress for you."

"I've never worn a dress, Cal."

He just rolls his eyes and grabs my hand dragging me down different hallways, and into another bedroom.

"Welcome to my messy room! The one room I don't let maids clean." He laughs and jumps on his bed. I stand in the doorway and look around.
"Aren't you supposed to be getting me that dress you have picked out?"

"Oh right, sorry." He jumps up and goes to a huge woredrobe. "Here you go. A dark purple to bring out your violet eyes."

I feel my cheeks turn a deep red. He just gives me a side ways glance, and locks eyes with me.

"You can change in my closet real quick. I promise I won't peek."

"Ok."

I walk over to his closet with the silk dress in my hands and change quickly. I walk out of his closet.

"Cans I turn around yet!?"

Shaking my head, and rolling my eyes, "yes you can turn around. Except I need to brush my hair and do something with thi- UM earth to Cal? Hello?"

He shakes his head, and blinks a couple of times...turning silver.
"Oh right... S-sorry. I'll find a brush. What did you need to do something with?"
"Oh I need to find some shoes. The dress is too long."
"Mare. The dress is supposed to be long." He yells from his bathroom slamming caboard doors, and drawers. He comes out with a brush and a pair of silver heels.
"Here's a brush and a pair of shoes."
I take the brush and brush my hair out. Then take the shoes and put them on.

"I might need help walking...I've never worn heels before." I blush furiously.
"Oh I'm sorry my lady. You will have to walk on your own."
"You're so kind." I roll my eyes and nearly trip over the dress and fall into Cals' lap.
"Oh my gosh..I'm sorry."
"No no, it's fine. I'll help you walk." He chuckles lifting me up and taking my hand.

Butterflies fill my stomach, and my legs feel like jello. I stare at him for a second and then hold my dress up with my free hand so I can walk.

We walk to the dinning hall, and get some lunch. Being the only ones in the dinning hall is awesome!

"So, Cal, you like piggys?" I laugh

"Yes I do! Don't laugh at me, they're adorable! Plus they make good bacon.."

"You're so weird! Like what the heck is wrong with you? The last time I saw a pig, it tried to eat me alive!"

"Oh come on! A pig can't eat you! You're just scared of them.. Come on admit it beautiful!" He says leaning over the table towards me. I lean in too and whisper.

"I'm not scared of them..it's you I'm scared of." I say leaning even further forward toward him. He could easily kiss me, but I bite my lip and run my tongue over my teeth.

"Why are you scared of me? Because you enjoyed that kiss I gave you?" He says as I lean in, only centimeters from closing the gap between us, but he moves back. Teasing me. I stare at him glaring.

"Is there anywhere else we could go and explore? The dining hall is getting boring."

"Right this way." He says bowing walking around the end of the able to me, and takes my hand in his. He bends down to kiss it, and leads me down different flights of stairs, and corridors.

"Where are we going Cal?"

"Shhh. Close your eyes." I do as he says and follow his hand. I hear a door open up.

"You can open up now he says. "

When I open my eyes we are standing out in the garden in a maze.
"Wow! This is beautiful."
I turn around and take in the breathtaking garden. I turns me around and places two fingers on my left cheek, and then leans in to kiss me.
"Ahem what do you think you're doing down here with that thing!? Cal get her out of my site before I kill her."
I feel a tingly feeling in my veins and look down to see sparks fluttering off.
"Why should I? You aren't my mother, you can't control me. I can kiss whoever I want to, love who I want to, and marry whoever I want to. My father is the only one that can tell me what I can and cannot do."
Elara slaps Cal, but he doesn't even flinch.
"Don't you dare disrespect me you fool. I want her out of my sites. Now!"
"No, I won't be going out of your sites Elara. I haven't done anything to you, I don't see why on earth you despise me. I can do what I want. I'll listen to you, but I won't let you kill me." She glares at me, and starts to go in my mind but I shock her with sparks and she leaves. Her breathing becomes heavy.
"What the hell did you do to me you worthless-"
"Elara, may I speak with you. Now."
King Tiberius stands tall and glares at her. She reluctantly turns around and follows him. I stare at the back of her head and lean into Cal.
"What are we going to do?"