Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Next chapter yipee! Hope you guys like!

                                                                 ~ ~ ~

Stiles spread himself out in the silky sheets the next morning, the thin layer of alcohol sweat still coating his body from the night before. As he star-fished out and pried his crusty eyes open he realised that Derek wasn’t there.

He blinked painfully and rubbed his eyes as his body creaked through his stretch. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, still half asleep, to make his way downstairs. He had slept in his clothes, never thinking to take them off, and he knew that he probably had that ‘morning after alcohol’ stink on him.

At least he didn’t have werewolf super-smell to go with his super-groggy feeling.

He headed down the staircase and into the main loft where he could see a few of the pack members still sleeping. Jackson and Lydia must have claimed the spare bedroom because neither they nor Isaac were to be seen. Erica and Allison were sleeping at opposite ends of one of the couches while Danny was slumped face-first on the other and Boyd and Scott were curled up on the floor.

Stiles heard the sound of the fridge door shutting and looked over into the kitchen. Derek looked to be mixing a coffee, God knows he was probably going to need it after last night. Stiles wondered if he could remember the things he had said before he passed out last night. If he did then he was probably going to deny it anyway, but Stiles felt like he was going to have to say something soon.

He had a feeling that the reason Derek had stormed out was because of what Peter had said, and he was gone too long to have just popped out for some booze. For a second Stiles was scared that he would get home and his dad would tell him about some thirty-something year old by the name of Peter that got attacked by a wild animal in his own apartment, but he didn’t think Derek would go quite that far.

Well, he hoped.

He exhaled heavily and walked into the kitchen.

“You’re up early for someone who polished off an entire bottle of whiskey to himself last night.” He said.

Derek didn’t turn to look at him he just took a sip of his coffee before replying. “I recover pretty quickly.”

In all honesty his head was a little sore, but he did drink a lot.

Stiles leant against the counter and sucked his bottom lip between his teeth and clamped down. The awkward pause that followed made it very clear that Derek remembered what he had said last night, or at least some of it. What could Stiles say? ‘So, how exactly did you kill this Paige girl? Why can't you let yourself feel something positive for a change?’ No, that would not go down well. Instead, he bit down on his lip to stop him from saying something the both of them would regret.

Derek turned to give him a look, his eyes were a little bloodshot and he didn’t look quite as fresh as usual but somehow he still looked sexy. Damn you Derek, Stiles thought. Derek put down his cup and walked over, slipping his hands around Stiles’ waist.

We are never going to resolve anything, ever. Stiles thought again.

Not when Derek was kissing him the way he was now. It was just the pressing of their lips together but it made every fibre of Stiles’ being alight and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“If you’re going to do it can you at least wait until we’re gone?” Jackson said as he made his way down the staircase tiredly.

“My house.” Derek said flatly, giving Stiles a sudden but shiver-inducing lick down his neck.