Chapter Twenty

A/N: Alright guys, I need you to be open minded :) I have made up my own supernatural creature based on different myths and legends so you can tell me what you think of it :)

Hopefully it isnt too far fetched and it will be explained in more detail later, well, maybe ;p

Once again, thanks for reading, this chapter is dedicated to someone who comments a lot and I thank them for it. I do try to find someone different each time and someone who has left comments but just know that I am thankfull for all your kind words.

xo enjoy!

                                                                    ~ ~ ~

“Tell me what you remember Isaac.” Deaton said calmly as they sat opposite one another in the back of the clinic.

Derek leant against the bench and stared down intently, clearly waiting to tear someone apart for what they did.

“Okay, I was just walking like I usually do. I’ve walked that path hundreds of times and then I kind of caught this scent. It was strange but I thought I’d smelt it before so… I guess I followed it-”

“Why would you do that?” Derek said, frustrated.

“Calm down Derek, just let him reel through it and then you can yell all you want.” Deaton said and Isaac dropped his jaw and scoffed a little.

“Uh… hey!”

“Fine, go on.” Derek said.

“That’s not fair.”

“Isaac, start talking, now.” Derek replied.

Isaac let out a sigh and shuffled in his seat. “Well as I walked through the trees I saw someone. That’s where it gets kind of fuzzy. I can't remember them totally, it’s really hard to remember it all but they were… well, I don’t know I guess I was in some kind of trance because I know I could smell something in the air – and it wasn’t good – but I kept going and the next thing I knew I was right in front them. I, I couldn’t … I don’t know I just couldn’t leave even though I knew something was wrong.

“Then, um, well… I can't see it clearly but it looked sort of… feline.” He said.

“Feline?” Deaton repeated.

“Well, it’s head was… look I don’t know how to describe it but it was-”

“No, no… that’s good. I think we may have come across something like that in our books.” Deaton stood up and rushed out of the room, calling back to the two of them. “I saw something that might match your description and had similar symptoms and we put it in one of our files… we knew we couldn’t completely figure this out until you woke up, and then again until your memory returned… here.” He came back with a photocopy and handed it to Isaac. “What do you think of this?”

Derek walked over and peered at the piece of paper with a rough sketch and very few words.

“Bastet?” He raised his eyebrows and Isaac stared hard at the picture.

“Not exactly…” Deaton said.

“Said to be born from the son of Bastet and the daughter of Lilith this overlooked but dangerous creature bears the head of a feline and the body of a woman. She preys on young men, absorbing their youth and vibrancy through no more than a drop of blood, usually obtained from the lips. It says something here about a kiss of death, what is Bastet?” Isaac asked once he had finished reading the verse.