Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: Thanks so much for waiting you guys. I have literally had like three days with 8 hours sleep between them so I really, really appreciate your patience.

Anyway I hope this chapter doesnt disappoint... even though it might not be all perfect ;p

                                                             ~ ~ ~

It was about twenty minutes later that Scott received a text from his mom saying the sheriff was on his way back up. The room had just stopped spinning for him and Karissa wasn’t looking too flash either.

“His dad’s coming back.” He muttered, standing up out of his chair with a wobble. “I don’t know what happened here but should I still be feeling this… this?”

Karissa sighed with a bland look on her face. “Apparently. Maybe it didn’t work, maybe we’re dying with him.”

“Don’t say that.” Isaac shook his head. “The good things never happen when you say it but bad things always do.”

“What, do you believe in karma?” Jackson asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I didn’t believe in werewolves or kanimas or Maeves either.” He said.

“Good call.” Jackson conceded.

“Look, how long is this supposed to take?” Lydia asked impatiently.

“Why? You got somewhere else to be princess?” Karissa smirked.

Lydia narrowed her eyes sharply. “What I want is for him to get better and for you to leave.”

“I’ll gladly be gone… when I can walk without needing to vomit.” She said.

“Hey… the scratches are gone.” Allison pointed to Stiles’ palm as she tried to hide the damage they had done to his cast.

Everyone looked over and Derek walked away from his wall and gently turned up his palm. “This one too.” He muttered.

It was like the mood in the room lifted almost instantly. They all suddenly felt hopeful for his recovery.

“I believe the words are ‘thank you’ in case you were wondering.” Karissa smirked again.

A collective sigh went around the room and Derek looked her right in the eye. “Thank you.” He said.

The two shared a momentary eye contact before she nodded. “Pleasure.”

Neither had forgotten he bargain that they had made. Karissa performed the ritual to save Stiles and Derek wasn’t to kill her sister. That didn’t mean that he wouldn’t find her and threaten to do so.