Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: Thanks for waiting on the update, me has lots of assignments that I may or may not have left until the last minute... Anyway, about the sequel, I will have more details in the next chapter.

Hope this one is better for you!

                                                               ~ ~ ~

“Derek? Derek! Don’t you ignore me Derek.”

He didn’t look up, instead he sighed and stared at the ceiling.

“I know you can hear me.”

“You’re not even real.” He said flatly.

“Says who?”

“I’m not having this conversation with you.” He shook his head.

“You’re going to say the poison’s making you hallucinate but did you ever think that maybe you just needed this? Because you’re still an idiot, you’ve always been a fool when it comes to-”

“Don’t say it.”

“Well that’s it, isn’t it? Love? You love him and you’re an idiot.”

He stopped letting her get to him and let his vision blur, the ceiling all he could see.

“Don’t you do that. Derek? Derek!”

Twenty-seven hours earlier… 7pm

“Well, if you’re going just be careful. I can't promise that these things will make you stronger, only that they’ll stop her from killing you as quickly.” Deaton said as Derek took a shot of his final mixture.

He coughed and spluttered and pulled a disgusted face.

“I didn’t say it would be pleasant either.” He said.

Derek muttered something about necessary evils as he regained control of himself. He shook himself off and gave Deaton a sombre look. “I know where she’ll be, I’m going to cut her off and… Well I guess that’ll be the easy part out of the way.”

“Quite. You’ll be careful, won't you Derek? The others will never forgive me if I let you go out and get yourself killed.”

“If you don’t get a call from me by midnight you can start digging my grave.” He said with a straight face as he headed for the door.