One [Hole in the Wall]

The pounding music floods the air and slips through the cracks of Niall’s house, making his eyes snap open in annoyance. The music hasn’t stopped for nearly four hours now and it is going to drive him absolutely insane if it didn’t stop right this instant. There is no way he is going to be able to sleep if this noise just kept getting louder. Niall jumps out of bed and pulls on a pair of sweatpants, storming out of his dark bedroom and towards the source of the sound. Of course it is coming from his neighbor’s place, the condo that is pressed right against the wall of Niall’s own. The night air is cold as Niall steps outside and heads up to the door of the building next to his home. He knocks on the door angrily, his eyebrows clenching together and his hands balling into fists.

            The door opens then, and the music’s noise amplified tenfold, hitting Niall like a brick wall. And then comes the smell. They are definitely smoking weed in there and the bright lights hit Niall’s eyes in the most unforgiving way. “Can I help you?” The voice asks. Niall puts a hand in front of the bright disco ball lights that shine in his eyes in order to see his neighbor.

            Zayn Malik.

            Niall and Zayn haven’t always hated each other. In fact, when Zayn moved in a few weeks prior, they had actually been acquaintances. When they would see each other, they would wave, maybe exchange a smile, and once Zayn had even helped Niall bring his groceries. But then the parties started, and Niall stopped sleeping because the noise and the smell were all too much for him. He would lie in bed for hours just willing the sound to stop so maybe he could rest just a little.

            The thing about Zayn is that he is covered in this ink. Each time Niall’s sees his tan neighbor he has more and more ink covering his body, and Niall thinks that soon the tattoos are going to swallow him whole.

            “Can you please turn down the music?” Niall asks, rubbing his eyes because he is so goddamn tired.

            Zayn laughs and grabs his flat stomach, his golden eyes falling on Niall’s small pale form, “I’m throwing a party, mate. The music can’t just stop,”

            “I can’t sleep!” Niall yells, groaning and throwing his hands up in the air, “If you don’t turn off this fucking music I’m going to call the cops!”

            Zayn gets worked up then, growling and stepping out of his house and shutting the door. He pokes his finger into Niall’s chest and looks him straight in eye, “Listen here, Horan. This house is mine. I can do what I want, when I want, and just because I’m playing a little music doesn’t mean you have to act like there is a foot in your ass,”

            “Fuck you,” Niall spits, “Fuck you,”

            “Back at you, blondie,”

            “I’m going to fucking call the police,” Niall insists, “I’m not kidding, I’m going to get you kicked out of your condo and then I won’t have to worry about your music keeping me up at all hours of the night,”

            “They won’t kick me out because I’m having fun, you twat,” Zayn steps back and opens the door about to step back inside.

            “At least I don’t have to have big parties to compensate for a small dick,” Niall yells, holding up his middle finger, “Fuck you Zayn,”

            Zayn just steps inside and slams his door shut, leaving Niall alone on his front step. Niall screams and grabs his blonde tufted hair because he actually really feels like he hates Zayn and can’t believe this at all. He goes back to his porch still fuming in anger and heads inside, headed straight for his bedroom. He isn’t really sure why he doesn’t really follow through with his threat call the cops, but he gets in bed and grabs his pillow instead, wrapping it around his head and praying that he can get a little sleep.

 The next morning Niall wakes up and groans. His head hurts, probably from lack of sleep, and there is a thickness in the air of his room. It doesn’t really make much sense to him, because he has the air on and his room never really gets hot or thick or stuffy, until he looks over to the wall of his bedroom that is shared with Zayn’s condo.

            What the actual fuck?

            There is a hole, a hole on his wall and he can see through it, right into Zayn’s bedroom.

            “You fucking asshole,” Niall mumbles angrily as he stands up. He walks over to the wall and looks right through the hole and into Zayn’s room. He is lying on his bed, his arm wrapped around a faceless blonde girl who is missing her clothes and covered in tattoos, just like Zayn. “Wake up you fuck face,” Niall yells into the hole, “You better fix this hole or I am going to kill you,”

            Zayn doesn’t move. The girl doesn’t move. Niall feels like he really wants to kill Zayn now. Like a lot. He decides that he should probably take a shower and get dressed before he gets too angry and storms over to Zayn’s place in just boxers. The entire time Niall showers he thinks of ways Zayn could have made a huge hole in the wall. He doesn’t understand how the hell it even happened.

            Niall steps out of the shower and ties a towel around his waist, walking back into his room. He steps up to his dresser and is about to drop his towel and change when, “I probably wouldn’t change there if I were you,”

            Immediately blush floods Niall’s cheek and he grabs his towel, holding it tightly to his body as he spins and looks through the hole in his wall. It’s Zayn, and he is sitting there with a smirk on his face. “Why is there a hole in my wall?” Niall sputters.

            Zayn shrugs, “It’s our wall actually. I mean, we do share this piece of drywall,”

            “Shut up,” Niall growls, “I want to know how this happened and I want you to fix it,”

            “Why do I have to fix it?” Zayn counters, his sharp eyes roaming over Niall’s dripping wet body and the way the towel is hanging loosely on his hips.

            “Because you were the one who broke it,” Niall feels like screaming. But then Zayn is just turning away from the whole and grabbing the naked girl in his bed and leading her out of the room. Niall growls to himself, collects his clothes, and goes to change in the bathroom.

~

            “Niall, maybe you should just move,” Liam is Niall’s best friend, and is often the one who receives the ranting and angry explanations about how annoying Zayn is. “Then you could just forget about that Zayn bloke all together,”

            Niall shakes his head, “You don’t understand, Liam. If I move, then Zayn wins,”

            “So this is a competition?” Liam smirks, his brown eyes searching Niall’s blue. Niall shakes his head and settles back on the couch further, resting his head on Liam’s shoulder.

            “No, I just….Liam, he’s soooo annoying,”

            And Niall continues his story about the hole in the wall and Liam listens, because he is probably the best friend in the world and Niall knows it.

______________________________________________________________

Okay so that's the new start. What do you think? Is it okay?

I hope you like it. 

^_^
Please let me know and kill me with comments.

xx

VOTE 

COMMENT

FAN

SHARE