Six [Late Night Talks]

Zayn starts to kind of hate himself. He finds himself staring at Niall all the time. While they work in the parlor, while they talk about finances, while they go out to eat with Harry, Louis, and Ed and sit next to each other. Everything Zayn does start to revolve around Niall and he begins to feel attached to him in a way he never should. He is so frustrated. Zayn is supposed to hate Niall, and Niall hates Zayn. Simple as that.

            Another thing that bothers Zayn is the way he moves his bed in the condo. Zayn takes his bed in his room and moves it across the room so he leans right up against the wall that he shares with Niall. Every once in a while they even talk. Zayn really hates himself for all of it.

            “Hey, Zayn, go check on Harry and Louis for me,” Niall says, leaning over the papers sprawled out on front of him.

            “Yeah,” Zayn smiles, “I’ll be right back,”

            Zayn walks out into the main room of the parlor and smiles at Harry and Louis making out on the couch while Ed sits at the back table sketching in a note pad.

            “Is everything okay out here?” Zayn smirks. All three of the boys completely ignore him, too immersed into what they are doing to look at Zayn. So Zayn laughs and returns to Niall, who is still groaning at the papers in front of him and tugging at his hair. “I think we should head home early tonight,” Zayn suggests. Niall’s head snaps up and he looks deep into Zayn’s eyes, the goldlen color like a dark shade of honey.

            “Me and you?” Niall clarifies.

            “Yeah,” Zayn nods, “The others can hold the fort down. I think we need sleep,”

            So Niall and Zayn pack up their things and they head out of the parlor, letting Louis, Harry, and Ed know they are in charge. It’s cold outside, and Niall unconsciously huddles closer to Zayn. He doesn’t realize it, but Zayn does. Zayn’s heart pounds and he has this overwhelming instinct to wrap his arm around the pale boy. But he doesn’t. He keeps his grip and sets his eyes on the walk in front of him, all the way back to their condos.

            “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” Niall says, rubbing his cold hands together and staring towards Zayn. Zayn nods and licks his lips.

            “Tomorrow,” Zayn smiles.

            The two part ways. Zayn goes into his place and immediately pulls out a cigarette, placing it between his teeth and smashing his fists into the table right inside his front door. His eyes slide shut and he curses at himself. He hates that he loves Niall. He hates it more than he thought possible. He was supposed to hate Niall. He was supposed to want to kill him and force him to move far far away and never come back.

            Zayn inhales the smoke and heads upstairs, completely worn out from his mind being in overdrive all day. He pulls of his shoes and shirt, and pants, and falls into his bed in only his boxers, finishing off his cigarette and throwing the butt into the small bowl by his bed. Zayn closes his eyes and cuddles into his pillow, trying to ignore the way that he can hear Niall next door.

            “Hey Zayn, are you over there?” Niall’s voice comes through the wall. Zayn’s heart clenches up and he breathes deeply.

            “Yeah, Niall,”

            “I was just wondering,” Niall’s voice is a little muted by the wall, but it’s a thin wall, and Zayn thinks that Niall’s voice sounds just as perfect as it  always does. “Do you think we actually have a chance to turn Urban Ink around? I mean, do you think we can save the place?”

            Zayn thinks, rolls over in his bed so he’s facing the wall, and says, “I think that with you leading we can’t go wrong,”

            Niall laughs, and little does Zayn know, Niall pushes himself up against the wall where he knows Zayn is. “I have no idea what I’m doing,” Niall points out.

            “But you are smart,” Zayn says, “And with me helping you through the stuff you aren’t used to, I think we can turn the place around,”

            “This is all just so weird,” Niall says.

            “What?”

            “The fact that I’m talking to you, through the wall,”

            “Why is that weird?” Zayn feels his stomach clench.

            “We hate each other Zayn,” Niall laughs, “Just because we have a truce right now doesn’t mean I still don’t hate your guts,”

            Zayn hates himself when tears come to his eyes and he forces himself to roll over. He doesn’t want Niall hearing his quiet sobs.

            “Zayn?” Niall calls through the wall, “Are you okay?”

            “Fine,” Zayn spits, “I’m tired, leave me alone,”

            “Okay…sorry mate,”

            And that’s the end of that. Zayn thought he was making progress, but it turns out that he was no closer than he was in the first place. Niall still hated him because Zayn was a dirty good for nothing smoker who lived next door and throws parties way to often. Zayn cries himself to sleep that night and Niall is still no the wiser.

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry that it's kind of short again. I'll try to work on making the chapters longer again. Okay? I hope you all enjoy this update.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you for being patient and hanging with me. I'm going through some stuff right now and I have been super busy.

Okay, so, yeah.

Vote

Comment

Fan

Share

xx

Love you guys.