Nine [You Can't]

Niall ends up staying overnight at Urban Ink. The number and money handling job in the back is enough to occupy him for a long time, and it keeps him up all night and into the next morning. No one tries to come inside. Not Zayn, or Harry, or Louis, or even Ed. It's dead silent, thickly spread out over the tattoo parlor. It's dark inside, because the light makes Niall realize all that has happened. So he stays in the dark and tries to distract himself. He doesn't want to think about Zayn. He doesn't want to think about them kissing. He doesn't want to think about the fact that Zayn doesn't seem to hate him anymore. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

"Niall?" It's Ed, walking into the parlor, "Niall, mate, are you here?"

"Here," Niall calls, walking out into the lobby.

Ed lays eyes on Niall and cracks a smile, "Niall, you need to go home, clean up, and maybe get some sleep, okay? Harry told me what happened. It'll be good to get some rest. Go on. I'll watch the parlor,"

Niall feels hesistant but finally mutters a thank you to Ed, grabbing his coat and heading outside. The walk home is shorter than normal, at least that Niall feels. When he finllay arrives at his condo, he glances next door, looking at Zayn's. And that's when he realizes there is a moving truck pulled up out front. Niall's heart begins to pound. Zayn isn't moving, is he? No, he can't be. He can't be.

Niall runs up to Zayn's open door and peeks inside. There are strong men picking up his furniture and heading for the front door. Niall's stomach drops and suddenly he feels desperate.

"Wait, excuse me sir, what are you doing?" Niall asks, looking towards one of the workers with a bald head.

"Mr. Malik is moving to another place and we are getting his furniture for him," The man says.

"No," Niall shakes his head, "That can't be right,"

The man gives Niall a look, "Well it is right. Mr. Malik is upstairs collecting things with his friends. Go ask him,"

Niall looks towards the stairs and then hops up them, sprinting into the room and slamming the door open, "What is happening?" Niall asks, tears fill his eyes and he feels so terrible. He can't figure out what's wrong with himself.

Zayn is standing there, Harry on his right and Louis on his left. They are collecting small items and putting them in cardboard boxes. Zayn turns around, "Niall, you should leave," he says.

Louis and Harry exchange looks and slip out of the room silently, leaving Zayn and Niall alone. Niall lets the tears flow now, down his cheeks and drip off his chin, "You can't just leave," Niall says, "You can't just pack up and leave me here all alone without someone to talk to through the wall. You can't leave me to run Urban Ink all on my own. You can't go,"

"Niall I'm moving in with Harry and Louis. They have a spare room and told me I could. There is nothing wrong with this. Finally you'll get the perfect neighbor you have always wanted,"

"I don't want that anymore!" Niall yells ,"Zayn, don't you see that I'm just as confused as you are?"

Zayn's eyes are perfect and golden, and he walks towards Niall and shakes his head, "Ni, I can't stay here with you next door. All I do is think of you, and that's not healthy for me anymore. I can't keep doing this."

"Doing what?" Niall asks, "What are you talking about?"

"God damn it Niall. Jesus. I have always liked you," Zayn says shaking his head, "Even when we fought. Even when you yelled at me and crashed my parties. Even when you called me names. I have always liked you,"

"I get that," Niall cries, "I get it now. And that means you can't leave,"

"Niall...."

"I'm serious. You can't leave." Niall reaches forward and grabs Zayn's arms, "You can't just pack up and leave I won't let you,"

"The plans have all been make Niall. Stop being so stupid," Zayn pulls away from him and looks Niall right in the eyes as he sobs, "Don't cry. Stop this. I'm not leaving for me. I'm leaving for you,"

"I don't want you to go!" Niall breaks, "I don't want the perfect neighbor. I want you. I want loud obnoxious Zayn who throws parties and breaks rules. I want Zayn who smokes ten packs a day and hangs out at Urban Ink. I want Zayn my new business partner. I want Zayn who takes care of me when I'm sick and is so much nicer than I always thought,"

Niall falls to his knees and grabs Zayn's bed frame, crying into his arm violently. He doesn't understand why he can't picture Zayn leaving. He doesn't understand why he is breaking like this. All Niall knows is that he can't imagine life without Zayn. He can't imagine not talking to him through the wall, even when they are mean. He can't imagine not having the constant smell of cigarettes and cologne. He just can't imagine anything without Zayn anymore. He can't leave. Not now.

"Niall, please," Zayn drops to the ground and wraps his arms around Niall, "Don't cry,"

Niall sniffles, his head placed in Zayn's neck, "I'll stop crying if you promise to stay. I'll stop crying if you promise me you won't go and live with Harry and Louis. Please,"

"Okay, okay," Zayn says, "I'll stay,"

"Really?" Niall asks.

"As long as you're sure you don't want me gone,"

"I'm positive," Niall nods, "Really,"

Zayn stands and walks out into the hall. Calling out, "Hey, stop! Bring my things back in. I'm not moving!"

Niall sniffs again and gets on his feet, looking towards tall and lanky Zayn who is so perfect. He can't believe he has never notices it before. "Thank you," Niall says.

"Yeah yeah," Zyan smiles, "Now how about you go get some sleep? You like like shit, Ni,"

Niall stops crying and even giggles enough, "Okay Zayn,"

___________________________________________________________________________

There you are. I hope you like it. 

What do you think? Is it a good thing Zayns stays? 

Please let me know what you think.

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Share?

xx

xx