Seventeen [Over My Dead Body]

When the afternoon rolls around and Zayn decides that he has to get out of bed and actually do something to get ready for Mr. Horan and dinner. Niall groans when Zayn tries to stand and he grabs onto Zayn’s arms and pulls at him, “No, don’t go. I want to lay here for the rest of forever,”

            Zayn laughs, “You can, but I have to go clean up your house,”

            Niall’s face looks questioning and he says, “Are you saying that my house needs to be cleaned?” He fakes hurt and then giggles, “Seriously Zayn that can wait, okay? I want you to lay with me and kiss me and laugh with me all day long and not care or worry about anything else in the entire world, okay?”

            “Niall, I feel like I need to clean up,”

            “Why?” Niall sits up and smacks his hands down on the blankets.

            Zayn sighs and stretches, “Niall, I have to tell you something,”

            “…Okay?” Niall’s honestly worried.

            “This morning while you were sleeping, I texted your dad,”

            Niall’s heart pounds and then lowly he whispers, “Zayn, what the fuck did you do?” Zayn stays quiet. So Niall repeats, “I said, what the fuck did you do?”

            “I…I mean nothing,” Zayn shrugs, “I just want to prove to your dad that I’m an okay guy and that I can clean up and make the house look nice and cook a good meal or whatever the hell he wants,”

            Niall is pissed. He throws off the sheets and stands up, “Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

            “I knew you would say no,” Zayn walks across the room and grabs a shirt from Niall’s dresser, slipping it over his head.

            “I would have said no because this isn’t going to do anything,” Niall is naked and pulls the blankets up and around his waist. “This is only going to make things worse. You don’t know my dad. You don’t know anything about how he works. Let me tell you how you get the things you want from him. Are you ready to hear this Zayn? Listen. You fucking don’t. My dad budges for nothing. He won’t give in and let Urban Ink stay under my management or…just fuck Zayn. I can’t believe you. All that this is going to do is make this work,”

            “Stop worrying and let me try this,” Zayn is stepping into his skinny jeans and he turns around to face Niall, “Just let me try this and…I just need to get my point across,”

            “It’s not going to work,” Niall walks into the bathroom and calls through the door, “You’re asking for your own certain death,”

~*~

            Despite Niall’s obvious disagreement with Zayn’s plan, Zayn cleans the house anyway. He gets the living room spotless and makes sure that everything is dust free and perfect. Then he heads into the kitchen and pulls out the chicken and marinates it in this homemade dressing his mom taught him how to make when he was younger. In fact, Zayn has always been a good cook and tonight is the night that it really has to show through. Then night can’t end badly. They have to make it through and be okay and make Mr. Horan rethink shutting down Urban Ink. He couldn’t do that to them. Not after everything had just settled down. So this dinner has to be so kick ass that Mr. Horan doesn’t even think Zayn is the same person.