Twenty Four [Home]

This chapter is short. Bite me if that bothers you. This book is almost over, so it's just short bits of finishing up and lovey stuff. okay?

Love you guys

_______________________________________________________________________________

Niall wakes up the next morning in long tan arms that are so warm and nice. He can’t believe that Zayn actually is letting them have another chance. The last time didn’t end nice or clean and giving it another go is a big step for both of them. He grins to himself and cuddles further into Zayn’s chest, waking his sleeping counterpart. Zayn’s eyes open nice and slow, the golden orbs adjusting to the light in the room, some of which is bouncing off of Niall’s perfect skin. Zayn grins, “Good morning,”

            “Hi,” Niall says, a little too happily to hide his elation.

            “I’m glad we are doing this again,” Zayn says as he rolls onto his back and hooks his arm around Niall’s neck.

            “I am too, so so happy,”

            Everything feels right again for Niall. After three long years of struggling and living in regret and confusion, has finally settled. Zayn is living right next door to him again, this time Niall isn’t going to mess things up. Because his dad won’t be here to ruin things. His dad is far away and Niall is free and can be with Zayn whenever and however he likes without worry.

            “I have a question,” Niall says.

            “Okay, what’s up?”

            “It’s about your tattoo parlor,”

            Zayn nods, “Okay,”

            “It’s just…” Niall can’t seem to find the words, “It’s just that it’s hard to picture you in a place that’s not Urban Ink, you know? How have you…managed to get used to it,”

            Zayn laughs, “Well if you noticed, Ni, the building is the exact same. The style, how the floor lay out is, everything. I mean, there was one night, really late, that I sat there going over the bills and wondering how I was going to make it. And I swore that I pictured you there, right next to me, crunching numbers and figuring out how everything would be okay.”

            Niall feels warmed by the thought and then blurts, “I could help you know,”

            “What?”

            “I could help with Lost and Found Tattoos. I mean, the two of us got Urban Ink fixed and up and running again. Why not your place?” Niall is dead serious about it.

            Zayn shakes his head, “This is different. It’s not a place that went under. It’s a brand new place that I opened, and it’s been under ever since it started,”

            “Oh,” Niall didn’t realize that Zayn was going to lose his second tattoo parlor.

            “It’s okay,” Zayn shrugs, “It was nice for awhile, it made me feel more at home. But now the debt is crippling,”

            “You don’t have many customers?” Niall asks.

            “No,” Zayn looks sad, “Not really,”

            “Well, Urban Ink had plenty of customers. We aren’t that far away I mean, they could all come here,”

            Zayn laughs and it sounds bitter, “Why would they drive out here to a random tattoo place they don’t know,”

            “Change the name,” Niall says.

            “What?”

            “Change the name back to Urban Ink and I’ll help you manage it,”

            “We are going to bring Urban Ink back to life?”

            “Hell yes,” Niall says, “We are going to try,”

~*~

            The words Urban Ink have a lot of meaning to Niall. Here is what he thinks of when he hears those words.

            Zayn. Malik. Tattoos. Louis. Harry. Red chairs. Smoke. Graffiti. Money. Challenge. Home. Peace. Acceptance. Creativity. Learning. Zayn. Malik. Golden eyes. Raven hair. Zayn. Malik. Happiness. Love.

            Niall doesn’t really think that two words have ever made him so happy.

~*~

            If Niall is light, then Zayn is dark. And if Urban Ink is home, then that’s where they both belong. Home.

_________________________________________________________________

As I said at the beginning, I know that this was short. I know that this shouldn't really even qualify as a chapter, but I really wanted to write this and put this in.

Okay.

So like, there may be one or two more chapters and then the epilogue. It's basically over.

Like wow.

Okay.

Anywho, let me know what you think of this chapter.

Comments are great.

Love you guys.

xx

~Ali